Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 27, 2020, 07:07:52 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread (Read 21,439 times)

Sakishiro

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Apr 06, 2020, 12:18:44 PM
Quote from: Sakishiro on Apr 03, 2020, 05:13:18 PM
One essential Predator gameplay feature that is missing from this game (or any other game before it) is the ability to skin and hang players/NPCs.

That sounds like a cool idea. The player playing the Predator would actually have an incentive to do it because of the bullet spread.

Yeah. That would also make the matches more dynamic, and give more purpose to the predator taking on the NPCs, and plan ahead.

Guys, what are your thoughts in making it possible to skin and hang dead players or NPCs for a momentarily boost of some kind to the predator, or a momentarily decrease in accuracy for the fireteam if they either look at the hanged bodies, or are in close proximity? Or do you have any other suggestions in how to implement the skin & hang gameplay mechanic? Maybe we could brainstorm on this, and if we are able to come up with something good, we can let Illfonic know about it :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/04/07/illfonic-predator-hunting-grounds-balance-feedback/

QuoteComicBook.com spoke to Jordan Mathewson, the lead designer for Hunting Grounds, to learn more about how IllFonic is approaching the game's balance after the free trial. Predator stealth, the Combistick that could burst down players, and the grenade launchers on the side of the Fireteam were commonly referenced in the forums, and Mathewson said IllFonic is looking to address concerns where possible.

"I think the biggest things that we took away from it were some balance," said Mathewson when asked about the response to the Hunting Grounds trial. "A lot of it was coming down to, 'This is how we've been playing for quite a while now, I really want to see what happens when other people get it.' Sure enough, there were some balance things that we took into account, and we've been making some adjustments. And a lot of usability and other feedback that came back was really great. So, we're doing everything we can to address those things."

When asked for specifics on the game's balance, Mathewson referenced the arsenal of weapons available to the Fireteam and the Predator. He said IllFonic chose specific weapons to be used in the trial that the developers had lingering questions about, and seeing players use them helped answer final questions regarding which ones were "a little bit too much." He mentioned the grenade launcher which dominated Fireteam loadouts once it was unlocked as one example.
0comments

Where balance will always be a concern for any game, players who tried Hunting Grounds praised the movement aspects of the Predator in particular. The game utilizes a "Predkour" system to allow movement through the trees to ambush the Fireteam and move around quickly. The system locks onto usable trees to launch players from limb to limb and may have occasionally had players ending up somewhere they didn't intend to, but it was regarded as one of the best parts of playing as the Predator.

Galactus123

Galactus123

I really enjoyed the trial weekend. It was fun so I pre-ordered the standard editon on PS4. I wasn't sure if I should pre-order it at first but I want something new to play and the 1987 skin looks great. The jungle is very well done and the game has the right atmosphere from the first movie. It looks like they are making some adjustements to the final game:

QuoteThe Predator: Hunting Grounds forums have been temporarily disabled while we prepare for launch.
We have taken your feedback and concerns into consideration and we are working hard to make adjustments for the launch of Predator: Hunting Grounds.

Check back soon for updates!

https://predator.illfonic.com/forum

PAS Spinelli

despite my criticisms of the game, I somehow miss the short time I spent playing it, all I want from this game just from playing the Trial (excluding new content) is customizable key binds and graphics, those are 2 core features that are missing from this game for no reason.

Galactus123

I wonder how many Predator skins there will be in the game? I hope there will be more as DLC. Predator 2 skin would be awesome. This too:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/7/73/Celtic.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20150116085401

I'm not a big fan of the first AvP movie but that is one of my favorite Predator designs.

SuperiorIronman

I'm expecting a few movie skins.
Gort (since it was at least intended for P1), City Hunter, Damaged Jungle Hunter mask (like in Predators), and Fugitive.

If AVP was represented similar to Jungle Hunter being used for the Hunter skin, Berserker would use the AVP Predators while Wolf would be used for Scout since he's less armored. While Scar and Jungle Hunter do have slightly different masks I can imagine it might cause a bit of an uproar if they included Scar so it'd probably get representation through Chopper and Celtic.

Voodoo Magic

I can definitely see a City Hunter skin release timed with Predator 2's 30th Anniversary this November. Actually skins for all the Lost Predators would be outstanding, but probably not likely unfortunately.

Quote from: Galactus123 on Apr 12, 2020, 08:28:23 PM
This too:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/7/73/Celtic.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20150116085401

I'm not a big fan of the first AvP movie but that is one of my favorite Predator designs.

The helmet I love, but the bulky American Football armor is just too much to me.

Wysps

I don't mind the look, save for the fact that he does look slightly inflated - like he's a balloon that's about to fly away.  But the helmet/necklace/chest armor are 8)

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I think the bulky armor from AvP would look great on the Berserker class.

shadowedge

City hunter is the most drastic skin change. It is all just so different from P1. Even a much different looking plasma caster. Would be nice to have it included.

I like Fugitive's design too. Best part of The Predator by far.

Kailem

We probably won't get any more skins in the initial release than we saw in the trial, but it's certainly one of the things I'm most hoping we get as DLC.

Corporal Hicks

Skins seem like they'd be easy enough DLC (apologies if that's completely off point) to be putting out there. Only issue would be what their license covers. We may not seen AvP Predators, but only Predator Predators, which is still fine by me. Would love to see the Lost Predators make their appearance.

Galactus123

Galactus123

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 13, 2020, 03:30:16 AM
City hunter is the most drastic skin change. It is all just so different from P1. Even a much different looking plasma caster. Would be nice to have it included.
Its my favorite Predator. I really like how he looks under the mask. I hope they give us option to play without mask in this game.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 13, 2020, 02:14:31 AM
I don't mind the look, save for the fact that he does look slightly inflated - like he's a balloon that's about to fly away.  But the helmet/necklace/chest armor are 8)

Ha!  As I read this I actually pictured him in my mind as a balloon flying away.  :laugh:

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 13, 2020, 02:51:10 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Apr 13, 2020, 02:14:31 AM

Ha!  As I read this I actually pictured him in my mind as a balloon flying away.  :laugh:

This reminded me a scene from Big Trouble In Little China.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed