[Fan_Film] Aliens vs Predator inspired by avp2 Game

Started by 25Predhunt, Oct 19, 2013, 02:55:09 PM

Author
[Fan_Film] Aliens vs Predator inspired by avp2 Game (Read 5,721 times)

25Predhunt

Aliens vs Predator

Name: Aliens vs Predator (no name yet).

Film:  Stop Motion.

Principal Soft: After effect, 3dsMax.

duration : 20-25 minutes.

For the movie :  creation of Story board, and the sets.

planned for : The next year.

language: French , English subtitled.

Other:

I decided to start this little project, because i'm a fan of AvP, (especially the games...).
I know very well that it is not a revolutionary project (stop motion) , and that there are already very good stopmotions on the web.
But I made ​​it because I'm a fan and I would like to give pleasure to other fan and trying to make a clean and serious movie even if I must spend alot of time.

I can make a 3D animation (i'm modeler) , but why a stop motion ?!
because i love aliens return and in this film , there is no 3D.
3D for the ships, or effect its ok , but not for the creaturs, I prefer the animatronic and costume (for aliens and pred).
But at my level, i have not this.

-----
The scenario will be very inspired by AvP 2 (the game).
(With iconic characters , Rikov and more ... ).

(soon more details), I've this year for write the scenario.

there will be a hero of each species.

Aliens: "Red"

Predator "Rogue"

Marines "Harrison".

Here are some images, test and creations :

25Predhunt

no one interested? ...

SiL

Looks good! Nice sets and some cool shots. Do you have any motion tests?

ShadowPred

Most of the fan films I've ever actually watched were mostly stop motion, so I'm looking forward to seeing this.

25Predhunt

Hey, excuse me for the delay...  ;D

Thank you,  sorry i'have not motion tests on youtube for the moments. (I will work as much as possible  the stop motion ).
No problems.

I hope that people will be interested.

Thank All.

25Predhunt

Randomizer

I'm interested .  :) Waiting for more news !

SM

There's two ways you can go with this.

1) Play it over the top straight.  Like really melodramatic so when people laugh, they know you're in on the joke.
2) Play it for laughs.

You can't get away with serious with static faced action figures and cardboard sets.  People will laugh, so play into that.

25Predhunt

25Predhunt

Ok ok i understand ^^" ...

I abandon this project , i dont want make a parody ... sorry

Corporal Hicks

There was a time when this was pretty in but I think the quality of stuff of late, action figures just wont hold up anymore.

25Predhunt

25Predhunt

Figurine of Neca are cool   for stop mo  :)   , what is the problem ?

(figurine of the man in the video is bad ^^" ... i know but the neca fig are cool).

ok ok i abandon this  ^^....

Randomizer

There's no need to abandon this . Nobody is forcing you to do so . There are people who like your idea and people who don't .

You can make it for fun .  ;) I don't care if it's Stop Motion with action figures . In my free time or when I'm bored, I create Pivot animations with Stickmen and such . Here's a AvP Pivot animation for example  : 

Spoiler

It's 2D and I know it's not that much . Some people now use Flash to create animations . But it's ok ... The same here . It's not worth abandoning the project because some people don't like it . There are haters everywhere , you know  :laugh: ( Corporal Hicks and SM , don't get me wrong , you know what I mean  ;) ) . There are also people who like this kind of stuff .

OpenMaw

This is important when it comes to film making.

Own it. Really, truly, own it. If you think you can do it straight-faced. Then damnit, you stick to it, and you make it the best you can.

I respectfully disagree with SM that you can't pull it off, however I think his sentiment is certainly in the right direction. Most people, when they think of stop-motion figure stuff they think of things like Robot Chicken, or maybe the Wallace and Gromit movies. So it's either comedy, or kid stuff. You could pull of something in the more young-adult range, but you really have to work on things like lighting, cinematography, and setting a good mood. If you're using the AVP2 storyline as a base, that's good, there's a lot of great dialogue and story there to work with.

Though if I am perfectly honest, to really, truly, pull this off I think you'd need a large array of custom figures designed to actually give you some really good performance. Things like swappable heads, and pieces of the face that you can move for expression and stuff. It could get really really bold and complicated...

...HOWEVER, I will go back to what I said in the beginning, if you believe you can pull it off, than you should give it your all, and not be dissuaded by what might seem like negative feedback. It's your time to spend. :)

SM

Don't expect anyone to watch an action figure film and not laugh.

This isn't something like Wallace & Gromit where you can create a full range of facial expressions and thereby create a dramatic performance.

You can create laughs.  If you pull off some good animation and cool sets, you'll make people go "Wow!" as they laugh.  Work this to your advantage.

Unless of course you don't care for "haters"...

SiL

Not everyone laughs. Some people will watch it knowing it's a figure film and just go with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed