The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,847 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Scorpio on May 18, 2018, 04:55:38 AM
The original predator didn't have to express as much.  You're probably reading too much into it, Sil.  Most of the expression came from Kevin Peter Hall.
I don't think he's reading too much into it at all, it's the nail on the head as to what helped make the original design so realistic along with KPH's body language.

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 18, 2018, 05:03:51 AM

Quote from: PredBabe on May 18, 2018, 02:48:52 AM
Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine Stan Winston's original design in place of Scar's design. For better or worse, the predator design that they used fit the style and tone of AVP more than the original would have... though that isn't exactly saying much for the movie itself seeing as it's pretty mediocre even though it's one of Anderson's stronger movies.

Which is the biggest failing of AVP. The tone is wrong. The concept art for the film actually depicted much more classic looking Predators and much more gigeresque Aliens.

Something went horribly wrong from concept to realization.

Yeah I remember that concept art. Somewhere between Fox and the PG-13 rating and probably the budget.

SiL

Watch that dude's eyebrows, the slight twitches in the mandibles, the throbbing of the temples. All little, subtle motions creating great expressiveness without going over the top or looking stiff.

Wysps

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2018, 05:18:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAzja2tWAg8

Watch that dude's eyebrows, the slight twitches in the mandibles, the throbbing of the temples. All little, subtle motions creating great expressiveness without going over the top or looking stiff.

Geez, what a difference between the movies :-\ I had forgotten...even down to the skin texture is completely different.   

bobcunk

I kinda like how all of the predator movies all endend on a cliff hanger of sorts yet never continued and were all stand alone, even the avps, even though they all had some connections.

CelticP

Quote from: dallevalle on May 17, 2018, 04:02:27 PM
the problem with shane black directing is that this movie might as well be called a action/comedy and that dosen't fit for a predator movie
and to be fair most of he's movies are very average.

they should have brought back John McTiernan for this one.

Franchises should evolve.

OpenMaw

Quote from: CelticP on May 18, 2018, 06:10:53 AM
Franchises should evolve.

Some should evolve less. They tend to evolve themselves right out of what made them quality in the first place.

CelticP

Nah. There's no force on this earth that can capture what made Predator good. Anyone who does is just copying it.

If you want Predator, just watch Predator.

I've seen Predator. Show me something I haven't seen.

OpenMaw

There are plenty of ways to go with the series.

You don't have to follow into really stupid schlock territory. Like mutant predators.

And I don't just mean having a bigger badder predator who shoots up with human DNA. I mean two-headed monstrosity and shit like that.

Master

Quote from: CelticP on May 18, 2018, 06:25:32 AM
Nah. There's no force on this earth that can capture what made Predator good. Anyone who does is just copying it.

If you want Predator, just watch Predator.

I've seen Predator. Show me something I haven't seen.

Then go watch something else. I'm not being rude. What's the point of making Predator film, when it doesn't resemble predator in first place? If we go down the route touched in Ps and gone full ahed in The Predator, we are going to have an unrecognisable  freak show in years to come.

CelticP

Other movies don't have that specific rad creature in it.

I think the monster is awesome and it being something new and fresh every once in awhile is kind of neat.

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2018, 05:18:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAzja2tWAg8

It's the eyes that sell it - which is Kevin Peter Hall's real eyes wearing contacts.  The rest of the face is good and I don't want to criticise it.  But they only needed it for a couple shots.  It could move its eyebrows and its mouth.  That's all it needed to do to express the range of emotion needed.

SiL

That's kind of the point ??? Subtle, realistic movement over huge range of motion produced better result.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: dallevalle on May 17, 2018, 04:02:27 PMthe problem with shane black directing is that this movie might as well be called a action/comedy and that dosen't fit for a predator movie

Because "Stick around!" wasn't silly comedy at all... ::)

If I had a dime for every time someone throws a criticism at a Predator sequel that applies equally to the first movie...

SiL

Pretty big difference between an action movie one liner, and dialogue between characters that's clearly constructed to be comedy. Black's definitely more on the second.

The Wolverine Predator

If I remember correctly this movie will have one liners and some back and fourth funny dialogue. I don't think it's aiming to be a comedy action, it should be entertaining with thrilling scenes, some mystery and some good action

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed