Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel

Started by felix, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Author
Aliens Echo : An Original Young Adult Novel (Read 55,595 times)

The Old One

The Old One

lol
Spoiler
Derelicts, Derelicts everywhere!
[close]

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2019, 12:29:35 PM
Resistance, Rescue, Echo, Aliens, Cold Forge, CM - Rising Threat.

Another alien story set between Alien and Aliens huh. Is CM-RT set before Alien 3?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 11, 2019, 08:39:30 PM
Spoiler
Now that I'm thinking about it I believe she went to look for her Mom and she figured that's where her mom would have headed towards.
[close]

I'm talking about after that. When she's
Spoiler
looking for her sister
[close]

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2019, 05:43:12 AM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 11, 2019, 08:39:30 PM
Spoiler
Now that I'm thinking about it I believe she went to look for her Mom and she figured that's where her mom would have headed towards.
[close]

I'm talking about after that. When she's
Spoiler
looking for her sister
[close]

Oh okay
Spoiler
then I think it was a combination of where the ship crashed down and the direction the xenos were carrying off their victims
[close]

May have to give this another read before the new comic comes out.

SM

Spoiler
Olivia guesses the Aliens will be in or near the caves where the shuttle crashed, and on the way they find a dead lion-worm that effectively confirms they're going in the right direction.
[close]

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Good book, not great- but good.

Corporal Hicks

Going to be interviewing Mira Grant next week. You know the drill. Any questions, throw them up.

Still Collating...

I enjoyed this one a lot (as stated in my previous review), so I'll really be looking forward to this interview.

Who from (the writer or Fox) and how did the idea come to write an Alien novel in the YA genre? How easy or difficult was it to write such a story, making the characters believable and relatable whilst at the same time being respectable to the deadliness of the Aliens? And does the writer know that the character of Olivia is going to be used in the new comic and game, was that the plan right from the start? Is the writer involved, has a say in how Olivia is portrayed in the comic and game, or is it all up to Fox what they do with her?

HuDaFuK

Unrelated to the upcoming interview, but did anyone else notice how this was published by Macmillan and not Titan?

Still Collating...

I listened to the audiobook, so I didn't notice that. Wow, nice catch, that's weird. Now how did that happen?

SM

QuoteIs the writer involved, has a say in how Olivia is portrayed in the comic and game, or is it all up to Fox what they do with her?

She's not involved with the comic.

Xiggz456

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 24, 2019, 04:41:40 PM
Unrelated to the upcoming interview, but did anyone else notice how this was published by Macmillan and not Titan?

Yeah I noticed before the book even came out. Guessing that YA is a whole other licensing agreement. Probably similar to Star Wars where Del Rey publishes the "adult" novels and Lucasfilm Press handles the YA novels.

@Hicks I'd be interested in knowing if she's familiar with any of the EU.

SM

SM

Imprint is the child/ young adult arm of Macmillan.  I don't think YA is really in Titan's wheelhouse.

The Old One

The Old One

Looking forward to reading Echo soon.

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed