[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,079 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 17, 2021, 06:27:27 PM
Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Feb 17, 2021, 06:25:11 PM
The Marvel formula is a joke, you can swap the character and the villain and it's almost the same crap over and over. The character's are cutouts of their comic counterparts. Marvel does not embrace the character, they change them to fit a hollow formula. I know it's extremely successful(that says something about the audience) it's also the bane of creativity in Hollywood. Keep this garage away from Predator and Alien.

What?

What's not to understand ? I thought he made himself pretty clear

Quote from: SiL on Feb 16, 2021, 11:58:42 AM
What's that even supposed to mean. ???

Well, I guess he means that Disney would try to apply MCU "shared universe" formula with interlinking narratives and re-occuring characters to anything that can potentially bring a lot of money. And not only Disney

[cancerblack]

I'm not sure where the confusion about MCU flicks being formulaic is coming from. There's a lot of room to argue about whether that's even a bad thing (given their colossal revenue generating power), but that they mostly follow a very similar set of beats that casual and fanatic audiences alike eat up and ask for more of, is undeniable.

Having said that, I have not seen any of the "event" ones that the rest feel like an over-long buildup to.

BlueMarsalis79

I just don't know where the discussion came from itself, more specifically, when did this become a thread about reviewing Marvel films.

[cancerblack]

BigDaddyJohn's apparent concern that if it makes too much money it will end up as a cookie-cutter franchise churning out fairly milquetoast content, I think. Likely an unfounded fear, and even if it wasn't, it's probably still better than shit like AvP/R or The Predator.

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 17, 2021, 08:32:28 PM
BigDaddyJohn's apparent concern that if it makes too much money it will end up as a cookie-cutter franchise churning out fairly milquetoast content, I think. Likely an unfounded fear, and even if it wasn't, it's probably still better than shit like AvP/R or The Predator.

:'(

[cancerblack]

Kradan, it's an absolutely ratchet film, but don't let it being legitimately awful stop your enjoyment of it. I love plenty of trash myself.

Kradan

:D

Why do people feel like they need to guide me in my fandom ? Am I that bad of a case ?

[cancerblack]

No, it's just that you reply with a sad face whenever someone points out that The Predator is terrible. Just own it, embrace the shitness of it and roll with the criticisms.

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

lol @ the way the top half of Vader's helmet moves in the wind.

[cancerblack]

Always have, always will.

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, probably an unfounded fear of mine, but hey, nowadays you never know. Would it be really better than what we got though ?

[cancerblack]

Better than The Predator? Very possibly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed