Total Members Voted: 11

Author
Favorite AvP Novel? (Read 9,519 times)

H0N{Y69} DarK HunteR

H0N{Y69} DarK HunteR

Prey :P  its good ehehehhehe i like it

Dachande

Dachande

I dont have Hunters Planet, nor have i read it, so i cant give my opinion on that. but out of Prey and  War, i'd have to go with Prey, mainly to do with how badass Broken Tusk/ Dachande is...hence the name

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think Prey is the best novel the Perrys did.

Wolfy

Wolfy

I read Prey, which turned out to be a very good book, but it did ruin the read of the Avp movie novel as you will notice how close the basic story is drawn from prey.  I've have War but have never read because Hunter's Planet was out of stock on amazon.co.uk, and it still is I think, so what would be the point of skipping a book.

I waited 2 months for Hunters Planet, nearly 2 years ago now.  Annoyed me like hell.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Meh, I ordered it - they waited 1 year to tell me they hadn't got it in stock!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Prey was a pretty bad ass novel, way ahead of it's time and perhaps one of the best well known AvP novels there is out there to this very day. What I loved about Prey was the concept of the Yautja which Perry had laid out, which was pretty cool and all, also the fact that the Aliens were seen as many creature but with a singular living mind. The humans also made the book great because they hated their jobs, lives, whatever.

In my mind it's a book I'll read to my children!

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Speaking of which, they're making the AvP novelization into a school book.  ::)

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ what ?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 06, 2007, 08:48:43 PM
Speaking of which, they're making the AvP novelization into a school book.  ::)

Wait, wait, wait wait... Are you serious?

Friggin' odd... cause when I was in the seventh grade, I read nothing but Steve Perry's AvP novels rather than the school's scheduled books. No seriously, I never read what the teacher assigned to us. I mean the rest of the class was reading books like the Confessions of the Charlette Doyle, Tangerine, etc...

I was the only one who NEVER read the school's assigned books and just read AvP: Prey!

-Rakai'Thwei

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

how you pass the class Rakai ? I like literature, but I usally stay with my favorite franchises SW, Halo, AvP, but I don't mind American classics like 1984 and Farenheit 451.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

To be hones,t I was actually supposed to fail the seventh grade but my parents pulled a full strings and the school was actually kind enough to let me pass and allowed me to go onto the eighth grade with but a warning saying that if I didn't pass eighth grade, I'd be held back...

Luckily, I passed eighth grade and am now living a normal life-- enjoying my AvP novels...

Oddly enough, I am PROUD that I read AvP: Prey rather than what the school recommended...

-Rakai'Thwei

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

I'd read the books but, I'm usually too busy with schoo, and this place to get my attention to reading.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

for me sometimes I like the books more then movies for most of the franchises I read. Reason why I name myself Broken Tusk rather then Scar, Celtic, or Predator #1 or Predator #2.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 07, 2007, 02:27:40 AM
Wait, wait, wait wait... Are you serious?

Well, at least in the UK. I'd go find you the link but I'm too lazy at the moment.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I'm actually worry if they give the movie a cartoon like look for the kid's book.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10632117/?qo=5&q=predator+alien&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

^ I do like the art in the link though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed