The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,930 times)

MudButt

It's a better argument to be hopeful about the film than when we had two first time directors doing AvP: R and the guy who directed Resident Evil and Soldier for the first AvP. Doesn't mean the movie can't be bad, because it certainly can be. These days though it's pretty good to grab a talented director and give them a go at bringing a franchise back.

Original Predator

Quote from: MudButt on May 17, 2018, 05:33:44 PM
It's a better argument to be hopeful about the film than when we had two first time directors doing AvP: R and the guy who directed Resident Evil and Soldier for the first AvP. Doesn't mean the movie can't be bad, because it certainly can be. These days though it's pretty good to grab a talented director and give them a go at bringing a franchise back.

That's the point.  It's not an argument for either side. 

Black's resume doesn't "establish" him as a top dog Director in Hollywood.  Therefore using that to determine "it will be good" is false.
And Black's resume doesn't mean he won't make a good film either.  McT was a pup when he made Predator.  It's a falsehood argument on both sides.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Original Predator on May 17, 2018, 05:16:07 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 17, 2018, 04:02:27 PM
the problem with shane black directing is that this movie might as well be called a action/comedy and that dosen't fit for a predator movie
and to be fair most of he's movies are very average.

they should have brought back John McTiernan for this one.

"B,b,b,b,b.b.b....bbbbbut he did Kiss Kiss bang bang and Nice Guys!!!!!!"

I remember when that was the 'argument' around here, for why this movie was going to be amazing.

I think the real "argument" is, wait for it...........  Shane Black is a better director than those who did the AVP's and Predators, ta daa ! So it's enough to hope it will be better than those movies ! Simple argument, you should be able to understand it  :P

Original Predator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 17, 2018, 05:43:55 PM
the problem with shane black directing is that this movie might as well be called a action/comedy and that dosen't fit for a predator movie

I remember when that was the 'argument' around here, for why this movie was going to be amazing.

I think the real "argument" is, wait for it...........  Shane Black is a better director than those who did the AVP's and Predators, ta daa ! So it's enough to hope it will be better than those movies ! Simple argument, you should be able to understand it  :P

"simple" is the key word. 

But you can use it. 

Hollywood

I don't think anyone ever thought Shane Black meant the film was guaranteed to be good. That's just naive thinking. With that said, I enjoy a lot of his work.

MudButt

I think Shane Black being brought on was definitely a big plus and it excited people. He has directed 3 films that were critical successes regardless of what you personally think of them, the critics generally gave his movies positive reviews. I think there is definitely an argument to be made that we have a better shot at getting a good movie than a bad one based off of his talent. He has done smaller action/comedies and one big budget action/comedy to a great deal of success critically.

Had he directed 3 bad movies that were universally panned by critics and fans people would have great reason to be worried. People are worried because of a leaked script from a few years back and a poorly edited trailer. The script is a valid reason to be worried, but that script has since then been re-written numerous times.

Shane Black making this movie with the cast he has is what keeps me positive. However, a good director and cast does not guarantee a good film. However, I think there is a little more on the plus side here.

Master

Nearly themase was being told before Predators. Look what we've got.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on May 17, 2018, 06:01:01 PM

Putting Nimrod Antal or Robert Rodriguez, the king of laziness on a movie set, in the same league as Black is a mistake... Pitty you don't see that  ;)

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 17, 2018, 05:43:55 PM

Hahahhahah good one!))) I do agree with you

Master

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 17, 2018, 06:04:58 PM

Putting Nimrod Antal or Robert Rodriguez, the king of laziness on a movie set, in the same league as Black is a mistake... Pitty you don't see that  ;)

What I see and what I don't is not the point. Same happened before. Bad script,  known name, great fan hype and disappointment in cinema.

azamultic

Quote from: Master on May 17, 2018, 06:21:18 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 17, 2018, 06:04:58 PM

What I see and what I don't is not the point. Same happened before. Bad script,  known name, great fan hype and disappointment in cinema.
What I see is different type of people. One side is optimistic and positive and desides to hope for better, and being hyped. And the other side is being pisimistic and negative, and deside to "hate" on it, or just don't put too much hope for it. I am not judging somebody and calling them pesimistic is not a bad thing, but i think it's the case of the situation.
I do find that I am not to confident in this movie, but I do hope that this movie going to be good. While other side immediately putting it in the garbage.

Master

It's not hate, it's  concern. Core story stinks and focus on thing that were rightly dumped from Predators. Remember when people were dissing predator dogs from Ps script? Remember this picture?

I do. I also remeber the relief when dogs  turned out nothing like this. What we get in this one? Predator dogs with mandibles and dreadlocks...

I dont know what happened to people, that they prise those ideas all of a sudden.

MudButt

Look,

That leaked script had some bonkers stuff in there. Some bad dialogue. I pray that they fixed those things as the years have gone on. I think regardless though, this movie is going to have a lot of different idea brought to the Predator lore. Some of it will piss people off, whether it works in the film or not.

We got a bad teaser. No way around it. They had a shot to hype up all of the negative feedback that has been on the internet about the leaked plot points and set photos and instead they released that poorly edited teaser which did nothing for a lot of people. Some of the more extreme members on this forum are now saying this movie is doomed because of 90 seconds of footage.

The movie hasn't exactly done a lot for itself to give people hope. I'll say that. The talent on board is what I cling on to but that isn't always enough for everyone. We as fans are allowed to be concerned for a new movie in the franchise. We should just try to be fair about it though.

azamultic

Quote from: Master on May 17, 2018, 06:41:44 PM
It's not hate, it's  concern. Core story stinks and focus on thing that were rightly dumped from Predators. Remember when people were dissing predator dogs from Ps script? Remember this picture?

I do. I also remeber the relief when dogs  turned out nothing like this. What we get in this one? Predator dogs with mandibles and dreadlocks...

I dont know what happened to people, that they prise those ideas all of a sudden.

I personaly don't prase nothing, again not saying this movie going to be amazing, I just choose to wait and see before throwing "Concers" about creators, directors, screnwriters, make up artist and say that they don't know sh...t, or they don't know what they are doing.
  Again we do have lazzy directors, or silly producers, or silly directors who do make weak movies, but in my personal opinion Shane not one of them. 
  Different type of concerning, I am concerned too about that DNA stuff, the predators dog, the predator spider, the super predator, and the desing of the predator. But I choose to be patient and don't throw my overconfident thoughts about the project before I see the final product.

Master

I'm concerned the most about the story and it's crap. I'm not guessing, I know. I have the script, I read it. Trailer confirms the story is basically thesame. I'm talking about facts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed