The Predator Uncloaks & Naru Fights in New Prey Video Clip

Started by Darkness, Jul 25, 2022, 05:34:25 PM

Author
The Predator Uncloaks & Naru Fights in New Prey Video Clip (Read 8,267 times)

Wysps

Quote from: bobcunk on Jul 27, 2022, 09:57:48 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Jul 26, 2022, 03:04:50 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 26, 2022, 02:36:03 PMThese basically aren't written as the kinds of films where you can do that. Sad endings are a tougher sell and your average movie goer wants a clean-cut ending. Unless they ever commit to Predator being a horror movie, we're not getting a film where it wins. And otherwise it's only because it's a prequel and chronologically it has to survive into the film where it dies or at minimum appears. Hollywood kind of expects the villain to get comeuppance. Writers don't really write things like that and the audience expects the hero to come out on top.

It's kind of a hard thing to write. You typically hate the villain, so seeing them get off is kind of boner kill. It's something that has to be written with enough care that your audience is gonna be cool with that and these films, Alien, Predator, or Terminator are not the things where you're able to take those risks without being damn sure. And they've gone wrong when Alien and Terminator pulled those stunts, we really shouldn't expect them to do that here.

Exactly.  If they ever did, I'd imagine it would have to be with a Predator characterization that we can somewhat empathize with - say, something along the lines of Ahab from the comics, or Kalakta from the novels, but not a character that goes throughout the whole movie silently mowing down its opponents.  That's not to say it wouldn't be interesting to see a Predator survive one of these days, but I wouldn't go out of my way to root for what's intended to be the villain.  Sure, it's not realistic to expect the hero to always win, but I think it would be pretty hard to make it work with the characterizations we've had thus far. 
i wonder ifvit could be possible to have it from thevpredators point of view. The predator scenes in avpr were pretty good and would have worked great as a short film or part of an anthology or something.
I'd love to see a series of shorts or an anthology of some kind.  That would seem to be a perfect way of experimenting.  I'm not sure the Predator POV would be popular with fans, but I'd give it a shot for the sake of something different  :) I think it'd probably work better if used sparingly like in the AVP's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed