Shane Salerno Interview

Started by Darkness, Mar 30, 2004, 04:40:47 PM

Author
Shane Salerno Interview (Read 9,417 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Screenwriter’s Voice have published Part 2 of their interview with Shane Salerno, a screenwriter for Alien vs Predator. Remember when a website reviewed the AvP script? Well, Shane Salerno says that was a draft script from 10 years ago and here’s an extract:

“…There is so much misinformation about this film on the Internet. One popular web site reviewed a draft of the script from a decade ago that they said was our shooting script. Paul and I had never seen it and certainly didn’t write it. As hard as that was to read about, I’m glad that our secrets are safe.”

He doesn’t mention the website’s name but we can all guess who he was talking about. The interview ranges over many topics but you can find the AvP related questions on the next page…

Thanks to “TheStorm”

Chase

Chase

It's that their trying to stay loyal to the first two alien films. I actually like the third film but there are many who don't. But the first and second showed some of the most impressive film work in that series, and again we never did get a good feel for the aliens so it left us scared and wondering. Same with the predator film not too much about the predator and it left one "what the hell is gonna happen next" feeling. If Anderson and the team can get these back into these Films it could get both series back on the feet...instead of the chessy popcorn movies predator 2 and alien ressuredtion became   >:D  

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

Amen to that.  -Rusty Nails

izzet

izzet

this movie is sounding really promising so hats off to anderson so far, i liked alien 3 a lot as well and the special edition ties up loose ends making it far more interesting. roll on avp!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D  

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

Forte Fortuna Aduvjat......

Aliminator

Aliminator

beside of actions, the movie should has a good, make -sense storyline, and realistic coustumes and background (setting).  LONG LIVE AVP AND TO HELL WHO DON'T!!!!!

pagefan76

pagefan76

I am an avid reader of both alien and predator comic books, so i would like to think of myself as a little bit of an expert in the extended universe of both of these awsome franchises. So with that out of the way, I would like to say that the idea of the predators visiting Earth a la meso-american/pre-columbian  style is not new. Anybody who has read Superman versus Predator 1 thru 3 knows what I am talking about. So the movie isnt totally original like a lot of people think it is. Actually, I am glad that they picked up this Pred mythos. Its one of the best ways to explain the preds coming to Earth. Thanks. THIS MOVIE WILL ROCK

ALIENS

ALIENS

lets put it to you this way either the film will be very very good,or vry very bad! its going to be in between people.I think if paul has been waiting for 13 years to do this movie then maybe he has had alot of time to realy think of cool idears for the film.If paul devoted his time with the first 2 aliens and the first predator then i think its going to be a realy good movie,i cant wait hey peolpe guess what only 5 more months left HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,man one man PEOPLE CAN YOU FEEL IT.....can see it ,CANT YOU JUST SMELL IT OOHHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! i freakin out here!lollololol   ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D  

ALIENS

ALIENS

OHHH YAH 16 people are going to be in it,AND THERE ALL GOING TO DIE you now its going to be alot of KILLING IN IT<HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Brexxx

Brexxx

This article basically told us what we already knew. No new info really. Anyway, AvP will conquer and kick some!

Vekin

Vekin

Well we can pretty much conclude how many aliens will be in the new AVP movie. There can only be 15 aliens our 5 pred/aliens. So I think this evens the odds for the preds since there will not be mass amounts of aliens for them to handle.

Z

Z

To Vekin's comment... Did you even read any news about the movie?!?  It's not the first time I've seen you post things that you seem to take from out of nowhere and that don't even make any sense... here, I'll explain it slowly to you:  The Predators have been coming to earth for thousands of years and at some point, they brought a Queen alien and they put her in a pyramid that the Aztecs had built in honor of the preds. They tied her up in some special chamber and forced her to produce eggs... Then, the pred had Aztec that sacrificed themselves for their Gods ( a.k.a.: the preds ) to act as a 'host' for the face-huggers when they hatched... that way, they could easily produce a lot of aliens warriors, drones, etc.  What I think is that the newly formed aliens are probably locked up, maybe in a special place that allows them to live longer ( hibernation? ) and once they are ready to hunt, the preds release the aliens and they try to kill them.  Long live Z and k!

Vekin

Vekin

Your telling me I'm pulling ideas out of no where. I have never heard or read any thing about a hibernation chamber with aliens in it. I was simply saying that there can not be more aliens then the provided amounts of hosts.  I got my ideas from this website because it shows  you the full cast in one of the new screen shots which is 16 people. Also the pred tradition is to send five preds to Pyramid to hunt. All I know Z is that my ideas are fact. Your idea of this so called hibernation chamber containing dormant aliens being in this movie is theory.

pagefan76

pagefan76

An alien drone/warrior lifestyle isnt very long. They have evolved for fast reproduction. In and out, get the killing done fast to procreate the species. Therefore, the whole hibernation chamber idea is mentally deficient. Eggs on the other hand can last a very long time. Queens last as long as necessary. They are hyper-sensitive creatures that know how to prolong the species. Period. No hibernation chamber.

Olopolip

Olopolip

Vekin.... I know where your coming form... but that's not it m8. The hosts were the Aztecs from 1000's of years ago... not the people who go in nowerdays (although they may become hosts) and therefore there are bound to be lots of aliens... depending on how many Aztecs were sacrificed by the preds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed