It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 93,179 times)

banecat

banecat

saw logan tonight (really good btw)
my showing had the new green band attached

Corporal Hicks

NickisSmart

I gathered as much, but this trailer is a viral by Scott's son, why use it in the trailer? Well, I think it is to be misleading. At least is a largely contained scene, in a single room. But it seems strange to see it mixed with what I assume is mostly for the movie. I know Prometheus' trailers featured footage that didn't make it into the theatrical cut of that film. How much footage from Covenant's trailers will likewise be omitted?

Corporal Hicks

It's not unusual at all to see footage in a trailer that isn't going to be used in the film.

FenGiddel

Enjoyed his "Morgan".  Felt like watching the early origins of W-Y's synthetics

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 04, 2017, 07:56:41 PMIt's not unusual at all to see footage in a trailer that isn't going to be used in the film.

The Tango & Cash trailer is made up almost exclusively of footage that doesn't actually appear in the film :laugh:

NickisSmart

Really? Fascinating. I know it's been a thing since, well, trailers. I just hate it if they feature something that I actually like in a trailer than doesn't make it into the movie.

BishopShouldGo

That's never bothered me.

NickisSmart

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 05, 2017, 06:56:42 PM
That's never bothered me.

Has there ever been a scene in a trailer that you wanted in the film, however?

BishopShouldGo

Never. I'm so engaged in a film while watching it, the thought of a trailer scene not being in the movie doesn't cross my mind until afterwards. And even then I don't care, and don't take it personally.

Mr. Clemens

The missing trailer stuff generally pops up in the deleted scenes, anyway.

Corporal Hicks

Darth Vile

That link doesn't work for me... what was the gist?

shawsbaby

Quote from: Darth Vile on Mar 15, 2017, 09:01:50 AM
That link doesn't work for me... what was the gist?

It's a link to the production company that made the Last Supper clip, that's all. Same folks who did the Prometheus viral work (and The Martian).

MajorB

After listening to the recent AvPGalaxy podcast where The Last Supper was discussed, I've re-evaluated the choking scene.

Like many people here, I thought it was kind of a lame fakeout reference to the chestburster, but I've realized that, like the rest of the clip, it exists to illustrate the dynamics of the ship's crew. In this case, it gives us a situation that's literally comparable to the Nostromo's crew.

When Kane starts "choking," everyone stands up and the closest people to him, especially Dallas and Parker, immediately take hold of him to try and help him. You can see Lambert get knocked over trying to help when he starts convulsing. Even Ash, who has the most to gain from Kane's death, springs into action to put something in his mouth to bite on as everyone tries to hold him down during his seizure.

Compare with the Last Supper, where nobody is getting chestbursted, a woman is simply choking. What happens? The whole crew stands around dumbfounded before Walter bails them out. These people are not really prepared to handle being stuck on a spaceship, let alone starting a colony... or running into xenomorphs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed