Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas?

Started by RabidNinja, Feb 19, 2015, 10:17:55 AM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas? (Read 13,852 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 19, 2015, 08:17:08 PM
you make it hard to pretend CM didnt happen, wither way by resurrection Hicks is dead.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/411255-neill-blomkamp-is-officially-taking-on-an-alien-sequel#/slide/1

"20th Century Fox has since confirmed the news, clarifying that this is, indeed, a sequel to the original Alien franchise and not the Prometheus sequel currently set for release March 4, 2016."

Looks like ripley 8 is coming back. But i highly doubt hicks will

There is nothing in what you quote that indicates it will have anything to do with Ripley 8.

Intrepid-Traveler

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:15:43 PM
- Half-Aliens sequel, half-standalone story.

- Ripley and Hicks are alive with no explanation, they're simply alive, Hicks scarred, probably Newt could be around, they're investigating the xenos.

- As for he continuity, I'd like it to remain kind of ambiguous, just like X-Men Days of Future which is a movie you can actually start watching no matter if you only saw the first two X-Men movies (Xavier is alive, Magneto is there, Wolverine has his adamtium claws and everything), you don't even have to have watched X-Men First Class.

- No mentions of Alien 3 or Resurrection, kind of mentions of Aliens or at least leave it for granted (because of Hicks's scars and stuff).

- In other words, simply a sort of reboot/alternate universe, just no worries about continuity as long as Ripley, Hicks, Newt and Bishop are there alive and well.

- Just sit down and enjoy the freaking movie.

- Haters gonna hate.

This. People underestimate the power of just ignoring the bad stuff. Though Newt will not be in it, but I could foresee the others being in it. My assumption is that the cryogen finally got to Earth and we essentially get to have an intro that will be similar to the one in Aliens.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Well considering almost EVERYTHING has to have ripley in it(in some way shape or form), weaver wants to finish ripley 8s story, it will probably have ripley in it, especially since niel just did a movie with her, im sure she would be more than happy provided  the script isnt crap

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 10:57:33 AM
The evil megalomaniac company trope should be left to video games.

I prefer them to operate in the grey area, like they did in the first three films, or the first two especially.

To bad the evil megalomaniac company has been part of this story since the start.
In fact, i want the company to step up. The "secret background plan" story that drives the plot of these movies needs to stop. It's time to show the company putting something into action.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 19, 2015, 08:54:23 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 10:57:33 AM
The evil megalomaniac company trope should be left to video games.

I prefer them to operate in the grey area, like they did in the first three films, or the first two especially.

To bad the evil megalomaniac company has been part of this story since the start.
In fact, i want the company to step up. The "secret background plan" story that drives the plot of these movies needs to stop. It's time to show the company putting something into action.

Not really, they only became blatently evil in either alien 3, which is up to interpretation (not anymore with A:CM) and Alien Resurrection where they are bunch of sickos. The company needs to be morally grey, not a bunch silly supervillians "oh muwhaha, once we have Xenomorphs, we can take over the galaxy" a paraphrase from an AVP game, 2010 one actually. Its utterly stupid, I can't believe what the Alien/AVP franchise has come to, they need to drop that angle fast. Isolation at least made the Company neutral again.

Also Sea of Sorrows, set after resurrection or before, I can't remember,
Spoiler
has the company actually doing something, they get mercenaries to recover the Xenomorphs and they succeed immensely, they get a Drone, and two facehugged hosts, one has a Queen embryo implant in her.
[close]

Vrastal

Vrastal

I dont remember that in sea

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah,
Spoiler
Andrea Rollings coerces Alan Decker into helping the mercenaries get a Xenomorph, they succeeded, they get one adult Alien and two facehugged victims who were a part of mercenary team, the book ends with Andrea putting down in her notes that the female host's facehugger is larger with webbing and the embryo it implanted is larger than the one in the other host.
[close]

So that was a victory for the company.

RabidNinja

RabidNinja

Naturally, WY is purported to be neutrally grey, but look at their track record!

A1 - Ash and the company knew the entire time what they were up against, and the company activated "Zero f**ks" Mode about the crew for the sake of bringing it back alive. Long live crew expendable protocols!
A2 - The company (Technically Van Luen and Co.)denies complete knowledge of the events of A1, suggesting they're either exploiting Rip's hypersleep or are just fish on a bigger executive chain. Regardless, Burke essentially kills an entire colony to learn what he already knew for the chance to enhance WY's Bioweapon division, and he died because his greed and curiosity.
A3 - The company's sick of Ripley's shit & basically says "Hey! we want your internal hugsy buddy, rip! can we have it now?". They get THAT desperate, their digging for molten DNA samples out of a frigging furnace! Dedication or Desperation?
A:R - WY's research passed on to space chucky's (Brad Dourif) research team that have progressed further than WY ever hoped to achieve, eventually showing us that Darwin was one smart cookie, and WY couldn't of dropped out as a better time. Life Expectancy increases tenfold.

As you can see, WY just don't care what happens; as long as they get the moolah found somewhere in the xeno's sticky acidic filled veins, they'd gladly sacrifice Elvis to quadruple the profits through genetic manipulation. Think of it as Jurassic World's genetic hybrid; they didn't realise they would f**k up so bad without the information. WY have TONS of information and a dead Colonial squad; Pretty sure that's reason AND EVIDENCE enough to leave everything as it is.

They have the money. They have the technology. They have the power. GIVE US THE GODDAMN GORILLA ALIEN!

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

This is going to be tricky in any regard.  Weyland Yutani needs to be brought back. Alien Resurrection made a mess of things. I'm so curious how Blomkamp will write this new story, and involve Hicks, if his concept designs are accurate.

I have so many questions. As much as I dislike Resurrection, don't retcon it, keep it, but distance the film from the events.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: RabidNinja on Feb 20, 2015, 12:57:03 AM
A2 - The company (Technically Van Luen and Co.)denies complete knowledge of the events of A1, suggesting they're either exploiting Rip's hypersleep or are just fish on a bigger executive chain. Regardless, Burke essentially kills an entire colony to learn what he already knew for the chance to enhance WY's Bioweapon division, and he died because his greed and curiosity.

Van Lewen isn't part of the company. Most of that board was ICC people. I very much doubt Burke's intention was to get everyone killed. More likely he was hoping they would unknowingly secure a specimen for him.

Quote from: RabidNinja on Feb 20, 2015, 12:57:03 AM
A:R - WY's research passed on to space chucky's (Brad Dourif) research team that have progressed further than WY ever hoped to achieve, eventually showing us that Darwin was one smart cookie, and WY couldn't of dropped out as a better time. Life Expectancy increases tenfold.

It was bought when WY folded. It wasn't 'passed off' by people smoking in a dark room.

razeak

razeak

I think it's rather clear from just the films that WY is in fact a pretty terrible company as far as morality goes. Just the fact that a crew expendable order existed made it a pretty clear cut case. We can argue a lot of little details all we want, but the movies pretty much portray WY as bad guys.

Gash

Gash

Sounds fairly standard corporate procedure.

A guy involved in the construction of Dubai airport showed me around the place whilst it was being built. Told me that if any worker was still working in the foundations when they poured the cement in, they didn't bother to stop work to save them, just paid compensation to the family because that was cheaper than holding up the work. Morals go out of the window when big corporations/money come into it..

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

I'm getting kinda sick of literally EVERY WY suit being an irredeemable assclowns. I hope they do what one of the comics was (I believe it was Genocide) and introduce a company exec who is more or less a decent person and can finally be dissuaded from perusing the Xeno at all costs.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: razeak on Feb 20, 2015, 02:50:31 AM
I think it's rather clear from just the films that WY is in fact a pretty terrible company as far as morality goes. Just the fact that a crew expendable order existed made it a pretty clear cut case. We can argue a lot of little details all we want, but the movies pretty much portray WY as bad guys.

Yeah it's pretty clear that all their care is about getting what they need and that's it, screw everything else.
But since we usually see the people they give the orders to carry out the craziness, apparently that doesnt make them that evil? If you hire folks that go that out there for the job i think it's clear on what level they function.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ideas... hmm lets continue from A|R, some time has passed and Rip08 continued to evolve into a more complete hybrid. Like she now has one of those little mouths and takes fellow aliens out with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed