Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 82,238 times)

Local Trouble

Then it looks like they're leaking this in the hopes it'll go viral.  I doubt we'll get to see the full script, but I'd imagine they want fans to start campaigning on their behalf to get it made.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 02:12:21 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 15, 2020, 10:28:00 AM
Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 09:39:41 AM
Not sure if trolling or not but ALIEN is a horror franchise.

Horror =/= dead end. Characters don't have to die or go crazy in the finale.

Alien - this is the perfect horror, which masterfully beat and change cliches. Alien 3 is another horror that USES cliches without imagination. If Ripley died at the end of Alien (as Ridley wished), we would not be here.

What cliches are you talking about? Would you have liked to see Ripley ride into the sunset with her new family? I believe Ripley's arc finishing the way it did in Alien 3 was true to the feel of the series.

Quote from: SM on Jun 15, 2020, 09:53:23 AM
The only way Blomkamp's flick would get considered is if he had a hit movie, and that's unlikely until he makes one.

That is definitely the case.

Faceless characters there just to get killed off, unlikeable characters that we're eager to see killed off, the typical cliche of all horror cliches where the hero of the series is in more personal danger. Alien 3 is full of cliches. For example, why do we have 25 convicts? Because it will give us a higher body count.

Worked well for the most successful film in the franchise. Ripley went to sleep in two out of four movies. The two really successful and artistically strongest films in the franchise.

Valaquen

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 16, 2020, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2020, 01:48:55 PM
Blame the Company.
Sounds like studio intrigue. RS woke up again when they started talking about a new film?

From what I know, Scott did not nix Hill's new script. From what I know he had nothing to do with it. Keep in mind that the producers' relationship with Fox went rocky decades ago, over the issue of profits made on ALIEN.

j0nesy

even if nothing ever comes of this, it'd be very interesting to see where they would have taken the story next

nchurch81

I wonder if Ripley and David meet in the script?

Or is the Alienverse and the Davidverse separate things?

Voodoo Magic

Local Trouble

Quote from: nchurch81 on Jun 16, 2020, 03:27:45 PM
I wonder if Ripley and David meet in the script?

Or is the Alienverse and the Davidverse separate things?

I wonder if Brandywine even gives a shit about David.

Adam802

Hopefully this goes viral and gains traction like Blomkamp's did for a while.  Really hope it takes place either after Alien 3 (with ripley still dead, if Weaver doesnt return) or is a "new Alien 3" taking place after Aliens if Weaver does return. 

PLEASE no stupid prequel garbage at all, and no Alien Resurrection sequel for God's sake. 

Nightmare Asylum

I'd rather have more prequel stuff or a Resurrection sequel than something that overwrites Alien 3.

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2020, 03:49:55 PM
I'd rather have more prequel stuff or a Resurrection sequel than something that overwrites Alien 3.
Yeah. It's sad that we might not even get a finished story for the prequels, and get an unnecessary retcon instead. We'll see I guess.

Nightmare Asylum

Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant sequel, Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5, Noah Hawley's proposed television series, and Walter Hill's Alien 5; all these projects will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MaxDuNord

Agreed!

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

I believe Sigourney about Ripley. If anything, Resurrection should be part of an experiment involving dream control as part of W-Y's bio-weapons division (using the comatose state the facehuggers induce their hosts into during embryo-implantation, maybe?) and the return of Bishop to connect it to Aliens and - obliquely - Alien3. But it should be an original lead female character, particularly if Sigourney isn't up to return to Ripley.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 11, 2020, 08:51:18 PM
Yup. Whether you like it or not, it's true.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2020, 05:56:23 PM
I think I'm more impressed Hill is wanting to get involved again and did a nice beastly treatment. Honestly though, give me my soft reboot Studios/Disney!

How about this  ;D

*Drools*

Drukathi

overwrites Alien 3.

I'm sure - Alien 3 discs and digital copies will not be overwritten in any way. You can watch them even after the retcon of the retcon.

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2020, 04:02:29 PM
Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant sequel, Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5, Noah Hawley's proposed television series, and Walter Hill's Alien 5; all these projects will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed