Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 79,013 times)

Rankles75

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." :)

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Evanus

Well for now uh.. it's got a nice front cover, I guess  :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well it seems like it might be legitmate: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/walter-hill-alien-5-treatment-wants-sigourney-weaver

QuoteToday, Hill's production company revealed to SYFY WIRE not just that the treatment exists, but also that he wrote it alongside fellow OG Alien producer David Giler. And this isn't some long stagnant project that's just now picking up steam. No, the latest draft is dated from March of this year.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, though. Everything hinges on an ambivalent Weaver making the call on whether or not she'll reprise the iconic role of Ellen Ripley.

"Sigourney, as she has from the very beginning, is being too modest about her proven ability to pull off the idea — which is to tell a story that scares the pants off your date, kicks the ass of a new Xenomorph, and conducts a meditation on both the universe of the Alien franchise and the destiny of the character of Lt. Ellen Ripley," Hill said in a statement obtained by SYFY WIRE.

Hill and Giler's company, Brandywine Productions, released an image of the treatment's title page, which bears the series' famous tagline: "In space no one can hear you scream," with the spine-tingling addition of "In space no one can hear you dream." There are also two historical quotes at the bottom, one from Edgar Allan Poe and one William Tecumseh Sherman.

Drukathi

I hope it is not a prank. I don't care about sequels, prequels, retcons... I just want to get another film about biomechanical parasites with the inner jaw.
I don't even care about Ripley. If she will be in the film - good. If not, adjust the script, but still make a film!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2020, 07:20:23 AM
"In space no one can hear you dream."

More like - "In Hollywood no one can hear you dream".

Rush Hour Rambo

Say what you like, Walter Hill & David Giler get movies made.

This might well happen. A proper Alien 5 would be exciting.

Evanus

Interesting. But I'd rather just get a third prequel first.

TheBATMAN

Id love to see Giler and Hill's take on the story. They seem to have completely removed themselves from the series now so this is a nice surprise. Have they ever made their thoughts felt on the prequels at all?

Keyes

Hmm, I want to believe, but my Spider senses are tingling that this maybe a hoax.

The Brandywine website the pdf was hosted by looks pretty empty right now: https://brandywineprod.com/

Also their contact e-mail address, nostromo-at-brandywineprod.com seems a little fanboyish don't you think?

Valaquen

I can confirm Hill's new script is real. It also, very likely, won't get made. Blame the Company. I can't say more, really.

TheBATMAN

Is it a full script or just a detailed treatment?

SM

I don't doubt it's real.

Quote from: Keyes on Jun 16, 2020, 01:47:15 PM
Hmm, I want to believe, but my Spider senses are tingling that this maybe a hoax.

The Brandywine website the pdf was hosted by looks pretty empty right now: https://brandywineprod.com/

Also their contact e-mail address, nostromo-at-brandywineprod.com seems a little fanboyish don't you think?

I did think that was a little odd.

Valaquen

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jun 16, 2020, 01:50:23 PM
Is it a full script or just a detailed treatment?

From what I know it's roughly the fifty pages mentioned by Weaver and HIll.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Keyes on Jun 16, 2020, 01:47:15 PM

Well, wiki indicates this site as an official.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2020, 01:48:55 PM
I can confirm Hill's new script is real. It also, very likely, won't get made. Blame the Company. I can't say more, really.

Sounds like some kind of a teaser. ;)

I can confirm Hill's new script is real.
Good.
It also, very likely, won't get made.
Not good.
Blame the Company.
Sounds like studio intrigue. RS woke up again when they started talking about a new film?
I can't say more, really.
This is more than enough.if this is not a joke from you...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed