Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 80,929 times)

RidleyScott99

We will see in the near future. I very doubt about bad blood because she acted in 3 Ridley Scott directed movies.

SiL

Quote from: Brego on Jun 14, 2020, 07:53:04 AM
Great. Hill wants to ruin another Alien film. No thanks.
Yeah, what's he really done? Dude utterly ruined Alien with his rewrites.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2020, 10:37:59 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2020, 03:54:24 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2020, 05:46:31 AM
Giler thought cloning could be a way of Ripley coming back when Alien 3 came out.

Yeah but that was said in jest during the wrap party.

I don't think Giler ever seriously imagined that anyone would actually do it.

Yeah, but my point was he wasn't averse to he idea.

He was averse to what eventuated, but there you go...

I don't know, Valaquen spoke about it a few years back and it sounded like Giler and Hill were joking about it at the party because it was such an utterly awful idea. I think Hill said something along the lines that Ripley's story was now finally over, no bringing her back, when Giler quipped that she can always be brought back via cloning, which was kind of a cheap sci-fi trope/cliché back then.

Of course the joke was on them since they both got producers credits on Alien: Resurrection even though they had nothing to do with that film and even opposed it's making.

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 14, 2020, 04:24:18 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2020, 10:37:59 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2020, 03:54:24 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2020, 05:46:31 AM
Giler thought cloning could be a way of Ripley coming back when Alien 3 came out.

Yeah but that was said in jest during the wrap party.

I don't think Giler ever seriously imagined that anyone would actually do it.

Yeah, but my point was he wasn't averse to he idea.

He was averse to what eventuated, but there you go...

I don't know, Valaquen spoke about it a few years back and it sounded like Giler and Hill were joking about it at the party because it was such an utterly awful idea. I think Hill said something along the lines that Ripley's story was now finally over, no bringing her back, when Giler quipped that she can always be brought back via cloning, which was kind of a cheap sci-fi trope/cliché back then.

Of course the joke was on them since they both got producers credits on Alien: Resurrection even though they had nothing to do with that film and even opposed it's making.

Pretty sure Hill was also happy to be done with Alien after Alien 3 too.

SiL

And now he has that royalty check reminding him of it for the rest of his life.

SM

Sit back an collect the money instead of churning out endless Alien 3 script revisions.

I'd take it.

SiL

Pretty sure he collects checks for the AvP movies as well.

And this is why people become movie producers, folks. Residuals.

Janek

Janek

Quote from: Jeanbunny on Jun 14, 2020, 02:37:53 AM
Ripley AND Hicks deserve a happy ending-- TOGETHER. With Newt. Anything else is just bullshit.

Not sure if trolling or not but ALIEN is a horror franchise.

It amazes me that so many people (mainly on youtube) desperately want Blomkamp to write and direct Alien 5, the guy has not done anything noteworthy/successful since District 9 and his last feature film was in 2015.

SM

The only way Blomkamp's flick would get considered is if he had a hit movie, and that's unlikely until he makes one.

Drukathi

Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 09:39:41 AM

Horror =/= dead end. Characters don't have to die or go crazy in the finale.

Alien - this is the perfect horror, which masterfully beat and change cliches. Alien 3 is another horror that USES cliches without imagination. If Ripley died at the end of Alien (as Ridley wished), we would not be here.

MaxDuNord

I'd love to see one more Ripley's adventure. I just don't want them to retcon two good movies in the series (Alien³ and Resurrection have flaws but I like them, Weaver was amazing in both movies) as this would lead to a very bad fan movie, with lazy writing, where story doesn't make any sense and the Alien series would end up in the same place where Terminator movies are today (each movie is a sequel to T2... so bad).

I love Sigourney, she's my favourite actress (mainly because of non-alien roles in Snow Cake, Copycat, Galaxy Quest, Death and the Maiden, A Map of the World, The Girl in the Park, Imaginary Heroes...), she's always very passionate about new projects, so no surprise she endorsed Blomkamp's idea but she also co-produced the 3rd and 4th movie and she must take the responsibility for where the story went.

Alien trilogy and Ripley's story ended perfectly with Alien³.  You can still do some kind of alternative version of Resurrection I guess if you need to bring another version of Ripley back but why would you do it when Ripley 8' story can be concluded without stupidly destroying previous chapters.
I say either do it right and respect previous movies or don't do it at all - Ripley died on Fury 161 and Ripley 8 lives somewhere in France - this story ends here.

Don't reboot. That would be so lame. Just write a good story with new original characters. You have entire galaxy to explore in Alien universe, just use a bit of creative imagination.

BTW there is a kind of sequel to Alien series with Ripley and played by Sigourney (OK this isn't quite serious but she's Ripley here, believe or not): https://youtu.be/s4X8pwE2tok

Keyes

Very interesting. I'm surprised this news didn't get out sooner if the treatment has been around a year and a half.

Like others have suggested, I think Sigourney is loyal to Blomkamp's vision and was being diplomatic here. Would love to know what Hill came up with.

Janek

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 15, 2020, 10:28:00 AM
Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 09:39:41 AM

Horror =/= dead end. Characters don't have to die or go crazy in the finale.

Alien - this is the perfect horror, which masterfully beat and change cliches. Alien 3 is another horror that USES cliches without imagination. If Ripley died at the end of Alien (as Ridley wished), we would not be here.

What cliches are you talking about? Would you have liked to see Ripley ride into the sunset with her new family? I believe Ripley's arc finishing the way it did in Alien 3 was true to the feel of the series.

Quote from: SM on Jun 15, 2020, 09:53:23 AM
The only way Blomkamp's flick would get considered is if he had a hit movie, and that's unlikely until he makes one.

That is definitely the case.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 02:12:21 PM
I believe Ripley's arc finishing the way it did in Alien 3 was true to the feel of the series.

Nothing like this! Where did you get this? Alien - happy end. Aliens - happy end. Alien 3 - bad end. I think the definition of "was true to the feel of the series" is infinitely far from reality. And it is an attempt to justify the mess created in Alien 3. Plus, trying to give some ghostly weight to the A3. Plus, distortion of facts about the series.
Alien/Aliens - meeting with evil, death and destruction, but victory and life at the end.
Alien 3 - meeting with evil, death and destruction at the end. This film is not part of a series - spiritually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed