ALIEN: Hope For The Future (FanGame)

Started by IIapagokc, Aug 11, 2017, 04:07:20 PM

Author
ALIEN: Hope For The Future (FanGame) (Read 59,463 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, it truly is impressive.

razeak

Bravo.

Kradan

Is there any aproximate release date ?

Corporal Hicks

We should be getting a new demo next month.

The Old One

The Old One

That's great to hear.

JokersWarPig

Corporal Hicks

I see Bloody Disgusting noticed the game! I'm hoping this isn't going to bring Disnox down.

Kradan

Oh, that will SUCK !

razeak

I thought he was insulated from lawsuits due to his location?

Still Collating...

He probably is, and lets not forget that a game similar to this isn't being made officially, so it's less likely to get canceled.

windebieste

We don't know what the content of the Cold Iron Studios title is. For all we know, 'ALIEN: Hope for the Future' is direct competition to that official title.  That could be a problem.  We also don't know how aggressive the new owners of Fox are going to be against a fan made title like this. 

In recent years, Fox didn't seem to care too much - but under Disney, who knows?  Having spent a ridiculous amount to acquire Fox, Disney may go full throttle on ceasing projects like this to protect their recently acquired assets.

I hope not.  I hope this gets to see release. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: razeak on Oct 28, 2019, 12:29:23 AM
I thought he was insulated from lawsuits due to his location?

That's a good point actually.

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 28, 2019, 10:15:22 AM
We don't know what the content of the Cold Iron Studios title is. For all we know, 'ALIEN: Hope for the Future' is direct competition to that official title.  That could be a problem.  We also don't know how aggressive the new owners of Fox are going to be against a fan made title like this. 

In recent years, Fox didn't seem to care too much - but under Disney, who knows?  Having spent a ridiculous amount to acquire Fox, Disney may go full throttle on ceasing projects like this to protect their recently acquired assets.

Very true. Historically, Fox only went after fan projects that were similar to something they were working on officially. I don't believe the Cold Iron thing is going to be revisiting Hadley's Hope so I think it's safe from that. But who knows how Disney is going to be? I think they tend to be rather lax with like fanfilms and etc, but I can't see I've ever seen much mention of fan-made games.

IIapagokc

IIapagokc

Forgive me for me English, but I hope it will be clear:
The fact is that the copyright holder does not close projects at all. (Close only fan remastered and
remake, After all, there is also copyright to other people 's work) He sends out demands to remove the references.
I am sure that copyright holders know about the project
I sent information and many times wrote letters about the game to copyright holders - silent. No answer.
In fact, in the worst case, it means to Alien model and remove the names and symbols of WY, because 100% of the right holder for all source code and models to the game is me.
So the game is going forward at a great pace and nothing threatens it. With your support, the game will go faster.

Dingbat

I generally get REALLY hyped about new Alien stuff when it gets announced, to the point where I even dream about it. We don't have any upcoming films, so this will do, I look forward to the demo! :)

The Old One

The Old One

As do I, good luck!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed