Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 03, 2015, 06:24:49 PM

Author
Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai (Read 49,680 times)

Local Trouble

I can't be arsed.  It's my version of Hicks and that beach from Alien 3.

Corporal Hicks

20 miles is a trip down the road. lol 20/30 minutes away. That's a ride to work for me.

The beach is much much much further away.  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

And that beach doesn't even have any f*cking ice-cream!

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 16, 2019, 10:28:58 PM
I can't be arsed.  It's my version of Hicks and that beach from Alien 3.

Could you make a trip to the Prometheus rover in downtown LA then?

Local Trouble

That's even farther away.  Through LA traffic.

Still Collating...

What if there's an alien skull there that needs to be destroyed?

Local Trouble

I'd probably only go as far as creating a ruckus, but stop short of actual destruction of property.

Voodoo Magic

Good. Ridley's done enough destruction to Alien property already.

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Local Trouble

I'd just blame the one-armed man.

Local Trouble

It's not the years, it's the mileage.  That goddamn skull has been taunting me for decades.  >:(

Corporal Hicks

aims and Answers: Three juicy tidbits from the Genting-Fox-Disney lawsuit

QuoteIn its countersuit, Fox attempts to show that Genting did not understand the intellectual properties it was working with. Among its examples: the Alien vs Predator Dance Show.

Fox states: "Demonstrating how little thought it gave to the integrity of Fox's intellectual property, Genting proposed taking some of Fox's most significant science fiction film properties— Alien, Predator, and Alien vs. Predator—and using the main characters in a cruise ship-style dance show, featuring a dancing Alien and Predator."

But in its answer to the claim, Genting says the show wasn't its idea: "[Genting] never proposed having a dancing Alien or a dancing Predator in a 'cruise ship-style dance show.' Rather, it was Fox that suggested 'a stylized costumed Colonial Marines, Predators, and Aliens dance show,' including that 'Predators then perform a 'dance' circle outside of the circle of Marines.' Accordingly, [Genting] designed a show in which the Colonial Marines would simulate action/fight scenes involving two Predators and an Alien. Moreover, it was Fox that demonstrated a lack of understanding as to how its own IP should be represented, as Fox requested significant changes to the show concept it had already approved and its representatives gave conflicting guidance as to what they wanted to see in the show. For example, one Fox representative instructed [Genting] to '[a]dd some comic guest interaction between Colonial Marines and guests,' while a few months later, another Fox representative countermanded that instruction, stating that '[c]omedy is off brand from the properties (not comedic movies).' These types of mixed messages from Fox, along with the aforementioned bad-faith Fox conduct in connection with the approval process—not [Genting]'s actions—caused the delays about which Fox complains."

Yikes.

Whiskeybrewer

Its like Giler is back in charge

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed