It looks like Isabelle from PREDATORS is coming to Hunting Grounds.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 08, 2020, 07:14:26 PM

Author
It looks like Isabelle from PREDATORS is coming to Hunting Grounds. (Read 2,222 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 01:55:42 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 09, 2020, 01:38:46 AM
Jesus when is City Hunter, Berserker, and Scar coming?

City Hunter is already available.

Ouch, my bad. Sorry. :D

Corporal Hicks

I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself incase it's not happening (let's be honest, it looks quite likely and Dutch was guessed), but I am really excited by this. And I think a lot of that is because of the prospect of new lore tapes with Alice Braga!  ;D

Samhain13

Samhain13

I'm more interested in lore tapes from her that gives a closure to the events in Predators than playing as her. Huh wonder why her instead of Harrigan or Royce.

Voodoo Magic

Perhaps it's about the old mighty dollar and Glover/Brody is asking for too much..

Corporal Hicks

I imagine that'll play a huge factor in what Hunting Grounds can do. It is only a smaller game, even with Sony publishing.

Samhain13

Well they managed to bring Arnold into this, seemed like the hardest one to get back.

Corporal Hicks

And probably blew most of their budget already.

Mr.Turok

Who's to say Royce could be right behind Isabelle? I mean we had Keyes' tapes about Dutch and even his own adventures with him and soon enough Dutch comes in with his side of the story. We can get Royce to come in to give his take on things soon after.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 09, 2020, 12:56:27 PM
Perhaps it's about the old mighty dollar and Glover/Brody is asking for too much..

While I don't know about Glover, I know that Brody still has interest in his character so I can't put his piece out of the checkerboard just yet.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 08, 2020, 07:28:32 PM
So in your world Xenomorphine, poor Dutch is still missing. :'(

Well, more likely just debriefed and now a veteran pensioner.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2020, 10:15:31 AM
I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself incase it's not happening (let's be honest, it looks quite likely and Dutch was guessed), but I am really excited by this. And I think a lot of that is because of the prospect of new lore tapes with Alice Braga! ;D

That actually wouldn't be without precedent, because she already provided voice-over for the motion-comics included on the film's home media release.

I don't know how accurate it is for Israel to go around orphanages to obtain future special forces material. I know the Soviets basically relied on Ukrainians to do their 'wetwork', back in the day, so, maybe. But regardless of how realistic the character's background was, I really liked Braga's portrayal.

Not that it makes any difference to me, because I'm not going to play an Epic Games exclusive, but she would make a nice inclusion for those who do so.

bendinglight

As stated already, lore tapes around her story after the Predators film would be excellent to hear. I can only assume that her sniper rifle will be part of her DLC content. Considering that the cloak was nerfed a bit (went from 40m to 60m), sniper rifles are becoming viable again and pairing that with 'Spotter', her class could be pretty damn strong.

Voodoo Magic

Ive tried, but I haven't been able to get to the point of using a sniper rifle as a successful consistent option unfortunately.

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 09, 2020, 12:22:17 PM
I'm more interested in lore tapes from her that gives a closure to the events in Predators than playing as her. Huh wonder why her instead of Harrigan or Royce.

Ditto  :'( All I want for Christmas is closure for Isabel and Royce  :'(

I haven't played yet, but I've been really enjoying watching other people play. If I could have the chance to play as her, that would be such a plus.

Wweyland

Wweyland

This is very cool! So are the tapes going to mention the four-armed Predator she and Royce defeated after the movie :D
Also I remember her backstory before the film had some contradictions between the comics and the short-animation movies that came on the DVD.
Maybe this can clear it up. Probably it will end up ignoring both and offer a 3rd backstory though.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 11, 2020, 11:08:31 PM
This is very cool! So are the tapes going to mention the four-armed Predator she and Royce defeated after the movie :D
Also I remember her backstory before the film had some contradictions between the comics and the short-animation movies that came on the DVD.
Maybe this can clear it up. Probably it will end up ignoring both and offer a 3rd backstory though.

Oh god, I forget about Predator Goro. Seriously why though? They didn't even mention that these Preds do DNA splicing in the movie so how can people take this 4 armed thing in stride rather than the eye sore that it is.

Man I just realized that the Assassin Pred could have easily fall into the 4 arms design too. Just go crazy full on and throw 4 arms on it if you are going to make it bigger, badder, and more blue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed