Prometheus will be rated R after all

Started by JaaayDee, May 07, 2012, 03:29:47 AM

Author
Prometheus will be rated R after all (Read 57,255 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

My way to get into this movie;
Me: Hey buddy, can you get me into Prometheus?
Random guy: Sure.
Gotta love kind hearted Canadians

mastermoon

Could you imagine if Prometheus got this PG-13 Rating.

Everyone may ignore like AVP.

SM

SM

No they wouldn't.

mastermoon

Quote from: SM on May 08, 2012, 12:51:20 AM
No they wouldn't.

They would still watch it, and yes story is the most important thing.

evolution_rex

Surprised by this, but at the same time I'm not. Good news, though.

Vickers

I think we all need to be really grateful that Fox stayed true to their word and didn't compromise the intensity of the film.  8)

The relentless deer

Yes! I'm very excited about this announcment. However when i went to see the avengers, which is an m rated movie, they  showed the prometheus trailer which is now R. Techniqually they are not allowed to show an R rated trailer with an m rated film. The obnly reaon i can think of was because the film was not yet rated

WinterActual

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Well, I'm more than happy to eat humble pie over this one, I must admit I never really thought it would happen but so glad it did. Prometheus really had to have a stronger rating despite all our moans and groans, however this film turns out, there is just so much riding on this sometimes it's unbelievable. Certainly no one here can deny they shuddered at the idea they could be sat watching this movie, a film many had waited over 30 years for, just to find themselves next to some annoying snotty nosed kid, that is a relief in itself. Now I suggest it's up to us to make Prometheus a real success, we got what we wanted, so let's see this film as much as possible.

Sure it may not be the prequel we were after, on the other hand maybe we'll get a suprise. But right now who the hell cares, this is a victory for common sense and a genuine fan base who just wanted to support something they cared about, and see Ridley Scott be given a real oppertunity to make an Alien film that means something again after so many years of disappointment. Sure there will be cuts, we all expect that, but then that's all part of waiting for the second act when the DVD comes out. The important thing is we can now go out and enjoy a film the way we wanted, no one could ask for more, all we hope now is that the makers of this film can really deleiver.

Vickers

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 08, 2012, 07:49:40 AM
Well, I'm more than happy to eat humble pie over this one, I must admit I never really thought it would happen but so glad it did. Prometheus really had to have a stronger rating despite all our moans and groans, however this film turns out, certainly no one here can deny they shuddered at the idea they could be sat watching this movie, a film many had waited over 30 years for, just to find themselves next to some annoying snotty nosed kid, that is a relief in itself. Now I suggest it's up to us to make Prometheus a real success, we got what we wanted, so let's see this film as much as possible.

Sure it may not be the prequel we were after, on the other hand maybe we'll get a suprise. But right now who the hell cares, this is a victory for common sense and a genuine fan base who just wanted to support something they cared about, and see Ridley Scott be given a real oppertunity to make an Alien film that means something again after so many years of disappointment. Sure there will be cuts, we all expect that, but then that's all part of waiting for the second act when the DVD comes out. The important thing is we can now go out and enjoy a film the way we wanted, no one could ask for more, all we hope now is that the makers of this film can really deleiver.

Well, Tom Rothman said not one frame would be cut even if it meant the film ended up with an R rating.  And the film has been given an R rating and Fox stayed true to their word.  I would like to think the version we see in cinemas is Ridley's complete vision.

On the other hand, you might be referring to deleted scenes which were filmed in addition to the shooting draft but Ridley felt didn't fit in with the rest of the film.  I wouldn't mind seeing those on the DVD, if there are any, but I do think we'll be getting the director's cut in cinemas.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

This is a theatrical release, no director in his right mind would deliever his true cut first time round, and it would be silly of anyone to expect that. This film still has to make it's costs back, people appreciate that, all that matters now is we know we're getting something closer to Scotts vision, not something hacked to death for some dumb lesser rating to draw in the crowds. Who knows, maybe we will see Scotts real cut at the cinemas one day, but for now we have something to look forward to, and a little extra when the DVD comes out, that's basically how it's always been.

Zenzucht

IIRC, Theron had always those same white bandages as Rapace..

NGR01

NGR01

Never cared and still don't about the rating.
Scott is a director that don't need an R to make a good movie.
And since the MPAA is shit, it does not really mean anything.
The Medpod scene for exemple could be very intense and suggestive in the R cut but would have been more graphic in the original cut... In the end it's not the violence or intensity that i care for because we will see those on blu one way or another What would really bother me is that the story has been lighted, or scenes cut because the movie was too long (one of Scott's habits) that is the important thing to me.
But here again we will probably have a full cut down the line on blu.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: NGR01 on May 08, 2012, 09:21:47 AM
What would really bother me is that the story has been lighted, or scenes cut because the movie was too long (one of Scott's habits) that is the important thing to me.

I wouldn't say that was one of Scott's habits. His preferred cuts are often the shorter versions, Kingdom of Heaven being the only exception I can think of, and that was a better film in it's longer cut.

J. Cameron on the other hand really could use skills of an unapologetic script editor going to task on his stuff.

So, what's this R rating going to mean in the UK? 15 or 18? Not that either really frees us from the horror of snot-nosed texting teenagers in the cinema.

DaddyYautja

what kind of R is it?
Cause it could be that they just curse a whole lot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed