SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French]

Started by NGR01, Apr 27, 2012, 09:54:35 PM

Author
SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French] (Read 58,258 times)

NGR01

I feel for you mate.
Sad you're not exited as i am ;)

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 03:38:54 PM
I feel for you mate.
Sad you're not exited as i am ;)

I'll enjoy the acting, I thought the trailer at the cinema introduced me to a film that ought to be ethereal and haunting and might be good especially for people who don't know that much about Alien, but the less I comment about the cave painting the better and the less I take seriously about the making of such a movie in this day and age so seriously the better. We were never going to get the sequel to Alien that Ridley originally wanted so we have to make do with something else in a time when the film industry is a different place altogether

NGR01

The real sequel Ridley wanted?
What you mean?

Mastes1

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 04:05:24 PM
The real sequel Ridley wanted?
What you mean?
I think he means 'prequel' and i agree with him, Ridley wanted to do an ALIEN prequel with a hard R rating and he wasn't allowed to imo, thats why he left production but came back when the prequel changed to Prometheus.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

sorry yes, for years he wanted to do a sequel which would have been going off in the direction that this prequel or sidequel or whatever it is supposed to be seems to be generally going, in terms of finding out what the space jockey was all about

Mastes1

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on May 01, 2012, 08:47:30 PM
sorry yes, for years he wanted to do a sequel which would have been going off in the direction that this prequel or sidequel or whatever it is supposed to be seems to be generally going, in terms of finding out what the space jockey was all about
I remember Scott talking about doing a prequel involving the space jockeys years ago. I had visions in my head what it would be like, i had visions of an Earth ship meeting a space jockey ship in space and the jockeys were friendly towards us, they also looked like they did in ALIEN, they were not wearing a suit!. Of course things went wrong and aliens got lose and to cut a long story short, it all lead into ALIEN. Prometheus hasn't turned out like my vison.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

And that's a good thing Mastes. Ridley Scott already directed a film featuring creatures that get loose on a ship. It's called ALIEN. I'd rather Scott stay true to his vision, not ours. Fan pandering are what killed the Star Wars Prequel trilogy in part.

Mastes1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 01, 2012, 09:54:08 PM
and that's a good thing Mastes. Ridley Scott already directed a film featuring creatures that get loose on a ship. It's called ALIEN. I'd rather Scott stay true to his vision, not are. Fan pandering are what killed the Star Wars Prequel trilogy in part.
Stay true to his vision?, his visions was to do 2 true ALIEN prequels but Fox wouldn't give him the money he wanted for 2 R rated films, Scott then left the production and only came back after he read the script for Prometheus. Scotts orig vision had aliens in it.

SpeedyMaxx

No, Scott's interest in future Alien films always had much more to do with the jockeys and the origin of that derelict.  He was less interested in the alien proper than that going forward, and my understanding is he became much more interested in the project as Prometheus - a relatively 'stand alone' project with its own focus and mythology, as opposed to a straight prequel.  In fact, I believe he's explicitly said many times that this was his aim.

mastermoon

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 01, 2012, 10:10:00 PM
No, Scott's interest in future Alien films always had much more to do with the jockeys and the origin of that derelict.  He was less interested in the alien proper than that going forward, and my understanding is he became much more interested in the project as Prometheus - a relatively 'stand alone' project with its own focus and mythology, as opposed to a straight prequel.  In fact, I believe he's explicitly said many times that this was his aim.

Some time in the early 2000's James Cameron had been working on the plot for Alien 5, because of AVP we never got a sequel to Alien Resurrection.

Mastes1

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 01, 2012, 10:10:00 PM
No. Yes the space jockeys were going to be in the prequels but they were going to be alien films with xeno's but he wanted something like $300mil for both R films and Fox wouldn't have it, Scott left the production for months until Prometheus surfaced, Google it if you don't believe me.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Mastes, you're wrong. Scott didn't initially want to direct a formal prequel. He was approached by Fox AFTER they made it known that they wanted him in the directors chair and not Carl Rinsch. When Scott came aboard, it turned away from being a formal ALIEN prequel into Prometheus.

SpeedyMaxx

Ridley didn't want to do a straight prequel - and he's said for awhile the original alien itself is played out.  When he took over from Rinsch he specifically directed the film's development to be that much more standalone, hence Prometheus, and why Fox is allegedly looking to make a new franchise out of it.

NGR01

NGR01

You are all wrong a bit.
5/6 years ago Scott had plans for a sequel already dealing with the SJ, he talked to James Cameron about that and both agreed that Fox needed to stop using the franchise and let them start working on the project.
Fox did not listened and continued the AVP nonsense.

When AVP requiem critically bombed (i think it mades its money back even earned some) FOX knew that they had to do something to keep the cash cow alive and recontacted Scott about doing another ALIEN movie.
He said ok this will be a prequel and i'm not directing it but my stepson Carl Rincsh will.
Fox refused Scott protegee asking him to direct the movie.

Scott said ok, his idea was for 2 R rated movies that were real prequels leading to the events of ALIEN.
Jon Spaihts wrote that direct prequel, wich was going to be cut in 2 movies (wich included the proto alien, the derelict landing on LV426 and the special Order 937 sent to mother).
Scott asked for a budget of 200 millions dollars, FOX refused, no way they were going to put that money in 2 R rated movies especially for a franchise thats almost dead in the water.

Then Scott had the idea to sell the movie as a new franchise.
Asked Damon Lindelof to remove/merge some scenes and transform all the direct links to ALIEN in order to make the story work as one movie cutting the budget in half.
Scott also asked to have the liberty to shoot an R rated movie but agreed to deliver also a PG13 cut.

;)

xii22loop

well said NGR01

on a random different strain, does the Engineer's suits remind anybody the still suits the Fremen wear in David Lynch's DUNE?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed