Fred Dekker On The Predator Fan Reception and The Predator Killer Ending

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2019, 06:37:28 PM

Author
Fred Dekker On The Predator Fan Reception and The Predator Killer Ending (Read 43,376 times)

matthewjn

Quote from: Original Predator on Jan 07, 2019, 07:05:21 PM
Sorry but a Pred movie without tense moments, even "scary" is tone deaf.  You spend all this time and detail on a CREATURE, yet you use him as an action hero. 

Real fans aren't saying it's NOT hard to make a movie, get it to the screen.  Real fans know it's hard to make a movie and the opportunities don't come around too often and don't want the opportunity wasted as it's been for 4 movies now!!!!

Don't brow beat us by saying "it's hard and there's no respect for the process" when the studio puts out 4 POS's.  At some point your gonna have an issue.  As well at some point your "married to the old formula-so-it-should-be-different" high-horse has to come into question. 

Hicks your whole "elements I liked, elements I didn't like" is part the of the problem.  Like an "element" aka 10 mins of a MOVIE doesn't prove "versatile". 

You want "versatile" "elements" you like, go read a comic or play a video game.  This pompus attitude has ruined the franchise and has kept fans at bay from an overall GOOD MOVIE in it's entirety for 4 films now!

Don't you know how hard it is to get these films made!!!

Oh wait.

LOL. I like how you're trying to point the finger at someone who is respectful like Hicks. If you truly have a problem with someone saying "elements I liked, elements I didn't like.", that's a problem you have to fix.

I don't know what kind of attitude do you prefer, but it doesn't seem like a very good one. Thankfully, decent people aren't really dealing with people like you anymore hence why they're speaking out more.

SM

QuoteStar Wars is terrible when it comes to toxic fans

Go have a peek at the reaction to Alien Blackout...

HumanPredator

how did it get to the point of the Predator Killer, dekker?

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2019, 08:07:04 PM

Or any time someone suggested female Predators...

Samhain13

Its just good old fandom passion.

JokersWarPig

I kind of figured most of the hate for the suit came from the fact its called "Predator Killer", and I doubt they'd refer to themselves as the name we gave them.

It's design isn't terrible, but I think it's name and the dreads is what brought on so much hate.

whiterabbit

What's Alien Blackout... oh snap I just woke up and I feel like I missed out on something interesting.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Jan 07, 2019, 09:08:20 PM

Or any time someone suggested female Predators...

Doh!  You opened that can of worms!

Can't..... resist..... commenting....

If the Predators we've seen on film turn out to be male, since their musculature is greatly similar to a human male, I won't mind female Yautja resembling human females.

Ahhh, I feel better!  ;D

Highland

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 07, 2019, 10:02:56 PM
I kind of figured most of the hate for the suit came from the fact its called "Predator Killer", and I doubt they'd refer to themselves as the name we gave them.

It's design isn't terrible, but I think it's name and the dreads is what brought on so much hate.

Most of the hate here came from the fact the movie is dog shit. It's quite a good system.

Voodoo Magic

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 07, 2019, 11:06:17 PM

That is absolutely donkey kick to the face. f**k them. This is all about rubbing together more sheckles from microtransactions.

skull-splitter

Which is aimed at mobile games, not the franchise per say.

Original Predator

Quote from: matthewjn on Jan 07, 2019, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: Original Predator on Jan 07, 2019, 07:05:21 PM
Sorry but a Pred movie without tense moments, even "scary" is tone deaf.  You spend all this time and detail on a CREATURE, yet you use him as an action hero. 

Real fans aren't saying it's NOT hard to make a movie, get it to the screen.  Real fans know it's hard to make a movie and the opportunities don't come around too often and don't want the opportunity wasted as it's been for 4 movies now!!!!

Don't brow beat us by saying "it's hard and there's no respect for the process" when the studio puts out 4 POS's.  At some point your gonna have an issue.  As well at some point your "married to the old formula-so-it-should-be-different" high-horse has to come into question. 

Hicks your whole "elements I liked, elements I didn't like" is part the of the problem.  Like an "element" aka 10 mins of a MOVIE doesn't prove "versatile". 

You want "versatile" "elements" you like, go read a comic or play a video game.  This pompus attitude has ruined the franchise and has kept fans at bay from an overall GOOD MOVIE in it's entirety for 4 films now!

Don't you know how hard it is to get these films made!!!

Oh wait.

LOL. I like how you're trying to point the finger at someone who is respectful like Hicks. If you truly have a problem with someone saying "elements I liked, elements I didn't like.", that's a problem you have to fix.

I don't know what kind of attitude do you prefer, but it doesn't seem like a very good one. Thankfully, decent people aren't really dealing with people like you anymore hence why they're speaking out more.

I'm sorry you took what I said so personal.

The common theme amongst this split fan base (and it is split) is "back to basics"- those who wanna see true sequals to Dutch and/or Harrigan, True slow burn-pacing R-rated, tense, one pred-hunter, stalking, hunting, killing for sport/fun, hiding in the shadows, one or two small details of expansion. 

Then there is the theme "versatile/expansion" etc.  This theme has proven to be far more disastrous and for four movies in a row has proven to fail.  "Expanding" on a Universe is fine for all things NOT film.  A film is 2 hours long, to expand on 12, or 8, or 4 different big ideas makes for a mess (ala the last 4 movies FOX has spit out). 

To STILL pretend, STILL....that everything is fine because there are "elements" fans liked (10 mins in a film here and there) as your justice and evidence that "expansion" works and is the better formula for this franchise is at this point a swing and a miss.  Not once, not twice, not three times, but 4 (and counting for that matter) "expansion" has failed those who preach it. I picked out Hicks for no other reason than he's top dog around here and many follow his voice and opinion.  And quite frankly it's been proven wrong at this point. 

There needs to be some mea-culpa's within this fan base that are fed plenty full their bellies with comic/video game/book "universe-expansion" but for no other reason than to consume some more- are willing to indulge themselves and be satisfied with "elements" (10 mins of seeing a Pred dog, or 4 mins of seeing inside the Pred ship, pred fighting an alien for 3 mins) at the sacrifice of a entire movie that is so hard to make in the first place.

elmars 7777

hola a mi si me gusto depredador 2018, fue hecha tipo comic, creo que por eso a muchos no les gusto, ya es hora de hacer una pelicula mas futurista y en el planeta de los depredadores y haganla un poco mas humana y menos tipo comic, donde una nave pida ayuda y se estrelle en ese planeta, donde se vea que no todos los depredadores son unos cazadores implacables y pueden ayudar a los humanos o algo asi, bueno echen buena imaginacion o usen un evento real o similar para eso, donde personas tratando de escapar son ayudadas por los mismos enemigo. bueno suerte y es solo una idea.

hello to me if I liked predator 2018, it was made comic type, I think that's why many do not like it, it's time to make a more futuristic movie and on the planet of predators and make it a little more human and less comic , where a ship asks for help and crashes on that planet, where it is seen that not all predators are relentless hunters and can help humans or something like that, good throw good imagination or use a real or similar event for that, where People trying to escape are helped by the same enemy. good luck and it's just an idea.

traslate by google chrome..

Highland

Original Pred laying smack down. Did he survive the blast?!

Hopefully Predator does go back to not being Transformers though. One day....

Edit: To be fair though Predators kinda did that also. Maybe it's time to take a 20 year breather. See you boys in 2040.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed