ALIEN FAN FILM - ACHERON Teaser Trailer (Aliens Sequel Short Film)

Started by Rollinboy, Jul 31, 2021, 05:55:06 AM

Author
ALIEN FAN FILM - ACHERON Teaser Trailer (Aliens Sequel Short Film) (Read 4,217 times)

Rollinboy

Rollinboy

Hi All,

I've been lurking on this website for a long time and this is my first post ever.
My name is Matt and I'm an amateur filmmaker from Oz and a BIG fan of the Alien and Predator franchise.

Short story:
I was sad that the Neill Blomkamp Alien sequel didn't happen.
So.. I made my own Sequel to Aliens.
All by myself. In my tiny apartment during Covid lock down.
Started this in mid 2020.
Literally Zero Budget, just passion and a lot of work.

Anyway, here's the teaser trailer for the short:

I had to be really careful with this teaser trailer as the short film is only 20 min max.

The short is about 80% done, hopefully I will have it ready by the end of the year.

It's a pure FAN FILM and a GIFT to all Alien/Aliens Fans such as yourselves and I hope you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Matt

FreeFacehugz

impressive effects for such a small project.

Rollinboy

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jul 31, 2021, 12:14:42 PM
impressive effects for such a small project.

Thanks mate! its allot of work lol

SiL

Looking forward to seeing the final version!

Rollinboy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 08, 2021, 06:35:28 AM
Looking forward to seeing the final version!

Cheers fellow Mate!
Was just checking out your Paranoir Productions, you have a good eye and great ideas, nice lighting, surreal mood and great edgy sounds/music!

Rollinboy

Evening People, my apologies for zero updates since my first post, I have been rather busy with something called life, so I haven't been able to come on here and show you guys what I have been up too.

I got rather ambitious with my little film, its running time is now 25 minutes and its become way more complex than my original vision, but I am happy to say I'm on track for MID 2022 as right now I have a good rough cut of the film, that I will be working on, sharpening and polishing, until this little beast is nice and shiny by around June/July.

Rollinboy

Hello Everyone,

Well... After 2 years of hard work and allot of swearing, I finally finished my little film!

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Cheers

Matt

Jason Todd Voorhees

So this is an animation film correct? Fully CGI no actual actors involved?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Rollinboy on Jul 08, 2022, 07:29:45 AMHello Everyone,

Well... After 2 years of hard work and allot of swearing, I finally finished my little film!

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Cheers

Matt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YC3XHCDyy0
I think you probably could've cut it down a good five or so minutes but I enjoyed it! Clearly a lot of work went into it. Very nice costume design.

Also 10/10 on that opening title sequence, just beautiful.

BlueMarsalis79

Lovely opening.

I spotted a lot of Halo.

Spoiler
And nice use of the original Alien transmission.
[close]

Rollinboy

Rollinboy

Quote from: Jason Todd Voorhees on Jul 08, 2022, 10:21:02 AMSo this is an animation film correct? Fully CGI no actual actors involved?

No Mate, filmed actor (myself) playing different roles, matte paintings, and some CGI (I'm not very good at 3D)

Quote from: SiL on Jul 08, 2022, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Rollinboy on Jul 08, 2022, 07:29:45 AMHello Everyone,

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Cheers

Matt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YC3XHCDyy0
I think you probably could've cut it down a good five or so minutes but I enjoyed it! Clearly a lot of work went into it. Very nice costume design.

Also 10/10 on that opening title sequence, just beautiful.

Yeah was actually longer, trimmed it down to what I thought was about right, I've had people tell me the same, to long, others told me 'to short' wanted more, I don't know who to please :) glad you enjoyed it, it was allot of work, I'm so glad its over lol

Yeah the outfits, they had allot of revisions, some were terrible combos, before I settled for the final look.

Thanks yeah I wanted something reminiscent of the Alien and Aliens openings, kinda combined.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 08, 2022, 01:05:48 PMLovely opening.

I spotted a lot of Halo.

Spoiler
And nice use of the original Alien transmission.
[close]

Thank you so much, yeah the opening I'm quite proud of, to the tiny ship showing how insignificant man is in the big black universe etc

Yeah Halo because their were allot of free 3D assets for it, plus wanted like an updated look to the world of Aliens, its like 30 years on, so wanted something different, including the pulse rifle etc even added my own thing the 'Owl' drive  :)

Spoiler
Yeah the transmission, I wanted my take on its origin, I actually have a whole new terrifying take on the Jockeys, might do that in the future, will see  ;)
[close]

Jason Todd Voorhees

Quote from: Rollinboy on Jul 08, 2022, 01:46:36 PMNo Mate, filmed actor (myself) playing different roles, matte paintings, and some CGI (I'm not very good at 3D)

Interesting! It looks amazing! keep it up! 🤙🏻

BlueMarsalis79

One question:

Spoiler
Are they intended to be brothers or clones?
[close]

Rollinboy

Rollinboy

Quote from: Jason Todd Voorhees on Jul 08, 2022, 07:06:52 PM
Quote from: Rollinboy on Jul 08, 2022, 01:46:36 PMNo Mate, filmed actor (myself) playing different roles, matte paintings, and some CGI (I'm not very good at 3D)

Interesting! It looks amazing! keep it up! 🤙🏻

Thanks Mate! Glad you like it!

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 08, 2022, 07:21:52 PMOne question:

Spoiler
Are they intended to be ----------------?
[close]

Spoiler
Well they are 'Clone Bros' ;D kinda like the Clone Troopers of Star Wars Animated Series, they are NOT the alien universe androids like Ash or Bishop or David... they are actually 'Blade Runner' Replicants, One is a Nexus 7 and the other two are Nexus 8's, and just like that universe they are treated rather badly 'Replicants were used Off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets', incase you didnt notice, the end phone call... Thats the Tyrell Corporation logo  ;)
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Rollinboy on Jul 08, 2022, 01:46:36 PM
Quote from: Jason Todd Voorhees on Jul 08, 2022, 10:21:02 AMSo this is an animation film correct? Fully CGI no actual actors involved?

No Mate, filmed actor (myself) playing different roles, matte paintings, and some CGI (I'm not very good at 3D)

I was expecting this to be the case as I watching, but wasn't expecting you to weave it into the story, so I really enjoyed that.

Quote from: Rollinboy on Jul 09, 2022, 05:43:26 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 08, 2022, 07:21:52 PMOne question:

Spoiler
Are they intended to be ----------------?
[close]

Spoiler
Well they are 'Clone Bros' ;D kinda like the Clone Troopers of Star Wars Animated Series, they are NOT the alien universe androids like Ash or Bishop or David... they are actually 'Blade Runner' Replicants, One is a Nexus 7 and the other two are Nexus 8's, and just like that universe they are treated rather badly 'Replicants were used Off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets', incase you didnt notice, the end phone call... Thats the Tyrell Corporation logo  ;)
[close]

Ah! That makes more sense - I had thought it was
Spoiler
synthetics so was a little thrown off with the facehugging and everything
[close]

Congrats though, bud! I thought it turned out really well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed