William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 154,596 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a 5 issue run.

Still Collating...

I hope that's enough to flesh out the story correctly but I'm just happy it's more than 4 issues.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Now im really looking forward to this :) 5 Issues, Nice

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Five seems like a good length for a film adaptation, especially considering the others were generally less than half that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alien Resurrection was 2. Alien 3 was 3. Predator 2 was 2. Predators was just an extended single softback.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Exactly.

Aliens was 2. Alien was just one, although it's pretty thick. So 5 seems like quite a good length.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well...surely technically Aliens was just a single issue. Alien was more trade sized though. But yeah, 5 issues seems like it should be perfect. 

SM

SM

The two parts of Newts Tale add up to about 4 normal issues.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Conceded. It's about 90 pages, 60 of which are Aliens. Hadn't realized the issues were extended.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Neither did I! But then I only have it as part of Aliens magazine.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I hope Disney doesn't yank the license from Dark Horse and cancel this two or three issues in...

Sounds unreasonable, but so does cancelling every Star Wars game when they bought LucasFilm.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: Corporal Hicks
Unlikely.

give it a shot... shoot him a message on Facebook. not like hes immensely busy as a film star anymore. you never know what he might say :) hell, half the musicians, authors and artists i never thought id ever speak with have taken time out to talk to me and ive actually gotten to know (and gained a fan from) a certain concept artist from Alien Covenant because of it ;)

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 24, 2018, 03:04:00 PM
I hope Disney doesn't yank the license from Dark Horse and cancel this two or three issues in...

i highly doubt this will happen as its probably set up as a contract to create all 5 issues... if disney yanked the license, they would be in breach of contract.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I imagine Michael Biehn's reaction to this comic would be utter disappointment since it represents what could have been his biggest starring role ever.

SM

SM

Disney doesn't actually own Fox yet.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

FWIW, Disney announced their acquisition of Lucasfilm in October 2012 and Dark Horse published their last Star Wars comic in August 2014.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Maul%E2%80%94Son_of_Dathomir

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed