Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 734,022 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I only played through it once on Normal a few months back. Very fun, much better than Halo 3's campaign.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I think Halo 2 had the best campaign in almost every regard.

I changed my avatar to honor my favorite shot from the campaign trailer. It features themes I've always wanted in a Halo game: crushing defeat, and loss.

And Bungie does loss so well- everbody who played Halo 1,2,3 in order, and saw Sergeant Johnson & Miranda Keyes die know what's up. The amazing musical score helps so much too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Bbw-KHajs

There is a direction in the musical score for a moment in here that I think should be changed; it's hard to explain, but try to bare with me:

At 0:35, the music starts to soar, and then it hits 0:40, and it replays the musical cue we had previously heard at 0:12. What, in my opinion, should have happened was it should have kept going with the strings and lower level sound instead of a breakthrough with the choir raising the level. I think this would have been much more dramatic, and would have fit the scene for effectively.

If you notice even slightly what I'm talking about, your opinion would be appreciated  :)

And this is just a minor critique to Marty's instrument choice, I'm in no way a musical buff, and I'm not claiming to have any sort of extended knowledge of how writing for an orchestra works, just expressing how I felt in the moment.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 30, 2010, 10:34:51 PM
I think Halo 2 had the best campaign in almost every regard.

I changed my avatar to honor my favorite shot from the campaign trailer. It features themes I've always wanted in a Halo game: crushing defeat, and loss.

And Bungie does loss so well- everbody who played Halo 1,2,3 in order, and saw Sergeant Johnson & Miranda Keyes die know what's up. The amazing musical score helps so much too.

Agreed. I played 3 first and the deaths didn't mean much, but then I played one and 2, and then replayed 3 and wow! Bigg impact. I have since played every Halo game, read every book (not the comics) and watched Legends. I love all of it! The story is really great! Can't wait for Reach!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

My god, I think I just found a few possible character death hints in the Campaign trailer!

Click the spoiler tag for my analysis, but be warned.. it's pretty in-depth and quite shockingly plausible.

Spoiler
Through the latest campaign trailer, I found possible proof of the death of Jorge and/or Kat

Part 1:

The part of Noble Team (Noble Six, Kat, and Jorge) is seen flying into the badly damaged city, to which at some point in a building they are ambushed by a team of Elites.

In the picture above, Noble Six is on the left, Jorge is on the ground, without his weapon in his grip (why else, aside from a mortal wound, would a SPARTAN II be unarmed in a combat zone?), and Kat is standing on the right. (Note that they are dropping from a Phantom)

Part 2:

An Elite tackles Noble Six, and you assume the first person perspective as Noble Six puts his hand against Elite's fist that currently has a drawn Energy Gauntlet (as I call them). They wrestle, and the Elite roars right into his face.

I assume that after this, Noble Six kills the Elite, or it retreats to the Phantom.

Part 3:

Now, Noble Six is firing his Magnum at the passengers of the Phantom, and appears to be crouching beside a set of barely visible light-blue armor in the bottom right-hand corner.

The only real answer is that it is Kat, seeing as Carter wasn't with them in the fight, until..

Part 4:

Carter, Jun, and Emile are now on the scene, and firing upwards toward the Phantom.. notice the Golden armor in the bottom left-hand corner?

That is obviously Jorge, nobody else in the squad has that colour, and we have seen him on the ground previously.

Part 5:

We now see (what remains of) Noble team emerging from the same building, and Jun lights a flare for evac.

In this picture we have Carter, Jun, and Emile or Noble Six, nobody else. I'm not sure if that is Emile or Noble Six on the left hand side.

Part 6:

Noble Six is seen standing alone looking out at the burning city that he had just left. He is holding a pair of dogtags, indicating that one (or more) of the the squad did infact recently die.

There are two possibilities for Noble Six being alone I am exploring:

.1- At the point when Kat and Jorge went down, he somehow lost contact with the rest of the squad (Carter, Jun, Emile), and he later found his way to the outskirts of the city.

.2- He was thought to be dead, but he was only knocked out by something in which case the rest of Noble Team moved on, and when he woke up, he found his way to the outskirts of the city.

Both of these would do fine to explain it possibly being Emile in the previous picture with the rest of Noble Team instead of Noble Six.

Conclusion:

What do I think of this? I love it. The theme of loss and defeat had always seemed absent from the Halo series until Halo 3, with the death of Johnson and Miranda. And this game needs death, it screams for it. I personally hope (and I know this sounds a bit twisted) that the whole team eventually dies, as has been hinted at. It would also seal any loose cracks in the canon.
[close]

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Spoiler
YES YES! KILL THEM ALL!
But I agree with every point in that analysis.
I do believe that it wnt down like this.
Jorge walks forward and suddenly stops. Looking up he is shot repeatedly by the plasma turret on the phantom and falls over yelling then is shot dead as Kat and six arrive running the elites begin to drop down and as six struggles with the Elite with the sword he/she hears Kat yell and then manages to push the elite off. He/she then turns and sees kat dead and is then knocked out by the elite as the rest of the group arrives. He/she then sees the team fire and leave as his/her vision begins to fade.
[close]
I think that works lol

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jul 31, 2010, 06:32:14 AM
Spoiler
YES YES! KILL THEM ALL!
But I agree with every point in that analysis.
I do believe that it wnt down like this.
Jorge walks forward and suddenly stops. Looking up he is shot repeatedly by the plasma turret on the phantom and falls over yelling then is shot dead as Kat and six arrive running the elites begin to drop down and as six struggles with the Elite with the sword he/she hears Kat yell and then manages to push the elite off. He/she then turns and sees kat dead and is then knocked out by the elite as the rest of the group arrives. He/she then sees the team fire and leave as his/her vision begins to fade.
[close]
I think that works lol
Very good, my apprentice!

Nightlord

Nightlord

bungie posted up the achievements
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_073010
i hope mission ten is (from the name of it)kinda like firefight with infinite covenant while there is some objective you must complete and when its done you fight for as long as you can while the remaing spartans of noble team are dieing around you.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 31, 2010, 06:11:28 AM
My god, I think I just found a few possible character death hints in the Campaign trailer!

Click the spoiler tag for my analysis, but be warned.. it's pretty in-depth and quite shockingly plausible.

Spoiler
Through the latest campaign trailer, I found possible proof of the death of Jorge and/or Kat

Part 1:

The part of Noble Team (Noble Six, Kat, and Jorge) is seen flying into the badly damaged city, to which at some point in a building they are ambushed by a team of Elites.

In the picture above, Noble Six is on the left, Jorge is on the ground, without his weapon in his grip (why else, aside from a mortal wound, would a SPARTAN II be unarmed in a combat zone?), and Kat is standing on the right. (Note that they are dropping from a Phantom)

Part 2:

An Elite tackles Noble Six, and you assume the first person perspective as Noble Six puts his hand against Elite's fist that currently has a drawn Energy Gauntlet (as I call them). They wrestle, and the Elite roars right into his face.

I assume that after this, Noble Six kills the Elite, or it retreats to the Phantom.

Part 3:

Now, Noble Six is firing his Magnum at the passengers of the Phantom, and appears to be crouching beside a set of barely visible light-blue armor in the bottom right-hand corner.

The only real answer is that it is Kat, seeing as Carter wasn't with them in the fight, until..

Part 4:

Carter, Jun, and Emile are now on the scene, and firing upwards toward the Phantom.. notice the Golden armor in the bottom left-hand corner?

That is obviously Jorge, nobody else in the squad has that colour, and we have seen him on the ground previously.

Part 5:

We now see (what remains of) Noble team emerging from the same building, and Jun lights a flare for evac.

In this picture we have Carter, Jun, and Emile or Noble Six, nobody else. I'm not sure if that is Emile or Noble Six on the left hand side.

Part 6:

Noble Six is seen standing alone looking out at the burning city that he had just left. He is holding a pair of dogtags, indicating that one (or more) of the the squad did infact recently die.

.1- At the point when Kat and Jorge went down, he somehow lost contact with the rest of the squad (Carter, Jun, Emile), and he later found his way to the outskirts of the city.

.2- He was thought to be dead, but he was only knocked out by something in which case the rest of Noble Team moved on, and when he woke up, he found his way to the outskirts of the city.

Both of these would do fine to explain it possibly being Emile in the previous picture with the rest of Noble Team instead of Noble Six.

Conclusion:

What do I think of this? I love it. The theme of loss and defeat had always seemed absent from the Halo series until Halo 3, with the death of Johnson and Miranda. And this game needs death, it screams for it. I personally hope (and I know this sounds a bit twisted) that the whole team eventually dies, as has been hinted at. It would also seal any loose cracks in the canon.
[close]
i agree with this to(and wow you saw a ton of stuff i did'nt even notice)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Apprentice? How about partner in unlocking the secrets of Halo: Reach. Does that work?

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I'm still confident that Reach will be my new favourite game ever. EVER. Currently Halo 3 holds that title, but I'm certain Reach will change it.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 31, 2010, 06:11:28 AM

Spoiler

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Conclusion:

[close]

I thinik i saw you post this on Bungie.net lol. Very good analysis of the trailer!

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Well i just read the new Bungie.net weekly update and i have to say it RAWkd!
http://downloads.bungie.net/videos/hunterrawk.mov
;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Finally pre-ordered my copy earlier today! Just the regular edition...only wanted the exclusive skins that come with it. Decided I didn't need to pay extra for all the fancy stuff.

Remonster

Remonster

I've got the Limited Edition halfway paid off, I've never bought a special edition of any of the Halo games, so I thought I'd treat myself to something special for the last big Bungie Halo game. Plus, I really need the Elite armor that comes with it!

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

I paid off the Limited edition.
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 31, 2010, 08:08:19 PM
Finally pre-ordered my copy earlier today! Just the regular edition...only wanted the exclusive skins that come with it. Decided I didn't need to pay extra for all the fancy stuff.
You mean the Limited edition? The regular comes with nothing but the game..

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If you preorder the regular at game Stop you get some special armor pieces.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed