Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 734,441 times)

Remonster

Remonster

Thanks for the links to the videos. I can't believe how amazing this game is looking. Already have the Limited Edition payed off halfway.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 24, 2010, 11:33:52 PM
I find it strange that you pick the color change as the stand-out change.

With Forge World, they have already added more to the game than most sequels have in their entirety.
As for the changes to Forge itself? Fan service, my friend. That is what the fans want, and they are delivering.

I picked that cause thats what the audience went wild at.

Being able to freeze objects in mid air? Deleting bases?

This is old old old stuff.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Huol on Jul 24, 2010, 11:47:51 PM

With Forge World, they have already added more to the game than most sequels have in their entirety.
As for the changes to Forge itself? Fan service, my friend. That is what the fans want, and they are delivering.

It's because in Halo 3, you would have never been able to delete something like, say the large base on Valhalla. It's all about expanding the options. In Halo 3, to freeze things in mid air, you would need to make a tower, place what you wanted, and then delete the entire tower. Or, hold onto something, Save, and end the game, start the game again, and go back to it. Now, it is a quick option to do so. And the audience went crazy because, like Brian Jarrard said "a very easy crowd".. and why not? Stuff like the color changes are just for the hell of it. Also, deleting things like rocks, is new to Halo, and is working toward more freedom of placeable/deletable objects.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 24, 2010, 11:56:16 PM
Quote from: Huol on Jul 24, 2010, 11:47:51 PM

It's because in Halo 3, you would have never been able to delete something like, say the large base on Valhalla. It's all about expanding the options. In Halo 3, to freeze things in mid air, you would need to make a tower, place what you wanted, and then delete the entire tower. Or, hold onto something, Save, and end the game, start the game again, and go back to it. Now, it is a quick option to do so. And the audience went crazy because, like Brian Jarrard said "a very easy crowd".. and why not? Stuff like the color changes are just for the hell of it. Also, deleting things like rocks, is new to Halo, and is working toward more freedom of placeable/deletable objects.
Perfect defense thank you for clearing this up without flames  :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Thanks.. I've always had a bit of a way with defending Halo/Bungie.

Grizzly

Grizzly

NPC spawns. Muwhahaha. How about spawning grunts, elites, brutes, etc on a Forge Map?!

It is gonna be amazing.

AVP Central will be doing something about under Other Game News

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Grizzly on Jul 25, 2010, 02:15:58 AM
NPC spawns. Muwhahaha. How about spawning grunts, elites, brutes, etc on a Forge Map?!

It is gonna be amazing.

AVP Central will be doing something about under Other Game News
Wait.. there's going to be NPC spawns!?

*Goes back to watch ViDoc*

Grizzly

Grizzly

Yeahup :D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I can't find it!  :-[

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

I think people think the RED spawn points are for NPCs and not for maybe ummm RED TEAM!

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I hope there are spawns, it could lead to some Turok style deathmatches with NPC enemies like Elites running around as a common enemy.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Red Team spawns have been mistaken for NPCs.. I got all excited, and rushed back to watch the video n' stuff, and.. *kicks rock, slouches, put hands in pockets, and walks way*

Grizzly

Grizzly

Watch this video my friends :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcmrL29WII&videos=99HQHqCE7hI

LOOK CAREFULLY AT EVERY SCENE.

You will see the NPC spawns somewhere in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4hWxI5_5eo&videos=26_3yp3GYKc

Another Reach feature video.

Enjoy.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 24, 2010, 05:12:33 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jul 24, 2010, 04:57:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 24, 2010, 04:56:36 PM
Neither will I. $60 is already a lot, and I'm not big into online gaming as much as I was, because people take it way to seriously. I enjoy custom games, though. But, my favorite part of Halo is the story. And the standard game will give me the epic story that I'm waiting for.

Custom games are awesome, I prefer them to Matchmaking.

Yep, definitely. When I fix my XBox, we should play some custom games in Halo 3 sometime!

Yes, we should! ;D

EDIT: I just watched the four SDCC videos. Holy crap. Bungie is the best!  :o

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

Quote from: Grizzly on Jul 25, 2010, 02:15:58 AM

It is gonna be amazing.

No NPC spawns, ferrex, a Bungie employee, already answered a question regarding the spawning of npc's. Sadly, he said No. Mainly because it's an MP gametypes, while they see Firefight as Co-Op Single-player or something.

QuotePosted by: SnideDeemonator
if there was A.I, i would make a huge battle scene in forge world with the covenent spawning in the gulch and you(the humans) spawning in the indoor place with the humans attacking the empty base by falcons and the covenent fighting back.

thats a sign for I NEED A.I!!!

Hate to burst any bubbles, but Forge is an MP only mode, and that means no AI of any flavor. Sorry!

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=46602215&postRepeater1-p=5

About half-way down the page.

Italics = Ferrex

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed