Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 692,079 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 03, 2010, 07:04:46 PM
Son-of-a... I had to shovel out 70 f**king dollars for mine!

;D gotta love having friends

ZING!!!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

One of these days! Pow, right in the kisser! One of these days Doom, straight to the Moon!

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

So, not to start a flame war or anything, but because I'm a bit of a fanboy, I'm curious to see what your feelings on Black Ops in relation to Reach are. As in, which will you buy first, which will you play more, which are you looking forward to more? I didn't think that this needed its own thread, so I posted it here because, overall, I look forward to Reach and don't even plan on getting Black Ops. I've given each CoD game a fair shot to impress me; I've been continuously disappointed. I might give it a rental if enough of my friends bug me to get it so they can play it (I seem to be the only person they know with an Xbox), but that's as far as I'm willing to go with it.

Razz

Razz

I've grown tired of everything COD related after COD4 MW, Halo on the other hand i haven't.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jul 04, 2010, 03:48:23 PM
So, not to start a flame war or anything, but because I'm a bit of a fanboy, I'm curious to see what your feelings on Black Ops in relation to Reach are. As in, which will you buy first, which will you play more, which are you looking forward to more? I didn't think that this needed its own thread, so I posted it here because, overall, I look forward to Reach and don't even plan on getting Black Ops. I've given each CoD game a fair shot to impress me; I've been continuously disappointed. I might give it a rental if enough of my friends bug me to get it so they can play it (I seem to be the only person they know with an Xbox), but that's as far as I'm willing to go with it.

I'm going to get both. Both games are very similar in terms of gameplay and story, but one is present day and the other, future.

Elliott

Elliott

Halo's balanced.

But my only concern is the Sangheili this go around. They're massive! 1 vs 1; you're going to lose if you panic. You know it.

Spartan: Shit! Dinosaur!
Sangheili: *Energy sword spasm to the face*

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Galliruler on Jul 04, 2010, 05:50:03 PM
Halo's balanced.

But my only concern is the Sangheili this go around. They're massive! 1 vs 1; you're going to lose if you panic. You know it.

Spartan: Shit! Dinosaur!
Sangheili: *Energy sword spasm to the face*

Luckily for us, Bungie's spotted this discrepancy and have highly regulated the Elite presence. This somewhat disappoints me; I was hoping that they would be balanced, each having strengths and weaknesses but different play styles, but this current system is still ridiculously awesome.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

In answer to your question, I'd get Reach over the new CoD game. I probably will. I love CoD, but after getting three of the games and having each of them pretty much identical, I won't be getting a fourth.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I'll be sure to pick up Reach; university be damned! And if Kiefer returns, then I'll probably get BO (heh heh).

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Even though I am more of a Halo fan I might get black ops first.  This depends on what I hear about Black Ops.  BTW is it funny that people(in my town) complain that Halo games(excluding HW) are all the same yet they buy every COD game?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not really. Halo Wars is the only real standout because it's an RTS game.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

As far as ludicrously popular shooters go, I'd say Halo changes a fair amount from game to game. The only thing I can think of that changed almost fundamentally was Battlefront (space combat anyone?), but even that left the ground mechanics relatively untouched. However, Reach looks like it's doing even more than usual to break the mold (space combat anyone?).

Still, though, you have to cut Bungie some slack. They can't change much or they loose their fanbase, but they need to change a substantial amount to keep it fresh (something the CoD franchise has utterly failed to do).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yes, each Halo game, while not exactly different from the last, takes the good points of the previous games and expands upon them to make a more user friendly experience. (Of course, Wars and ODST are exceptions because Wars is a different style game, and ODST is an expansion pack, so it pretty much plays like Halo 3 with a few tweaks). I think maybe the reason why the COD games are all identical is because they come out once a year, whereas the major Halo games come out every 3 years (CE, 2, 3, Reach). But, to keep the fans from getting anxious, some spinoff/expansion games like Wars and ODST are released.

EDIT: This isn't about this, but about Halo Reach, and I didn't want to double post. I just saw that Reach has space combat! I really want to see what its like, but I'm going to wait for the game to come out!!!  >:(

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Thanks for reading my post. On the subject of ODST, I think that it completes Halo 3. In order to get a full, well-rounded campaign length you need to combine the two, and in order to get an even fuller game you need to add in Firefight to Halo 3. This is one of the reasons I'm so excited for Reach; it feels like the biggest, fullest, most satisfying game yet. It just feels like there will be so much in it, like it won't be lacking in story, or game modes, or multiplayer. It seems like it's just taken everything good about every other game, made them better, and put them on one disc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 05, 2010, 01:45:48 PM
Yes, each Halo game, while not exactly different from the last, takes the good points of the previous games and expands upon them to make a more user friendly experience. (Of course, Wars and ODST are exceptions because Wars is a different style game, and ODST is an expansion pack, so it pretty much plays like Halo 3 with a few tweaks). I think maybe the reason why the COD games are all identical is because they come out once a year, whereas the major Halo games come out every 3 years (CE, 2, 3, Reach). But, to keep the fans from getting anxious, some spinoff/expansion games like Wars and ODST are released.

EDIT: This isn't about this, but about Halo Reach, and I didn't want to double post. I just saw that Reach has space combat! I really want to see what its like, but I'm going to wait for the game to come out!!!  >:(

I didn't feel like much changed from Halo 2 to Halo 3. H3 just felt the same with new weapons and sharper graphics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed