Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 735,216 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I heard they are remaking the first 3 Halo novels, probably to fix canon. I love the books, but since I have the originals, I'll save my money for the Forerunner Trilogy.

And does anyone know anything about Halo HD Live?

Yautja117

Yautja117

Where'd you hear that? I know alot of people that are gonna be pissed about that...But the Forerunner books sound seriously cool.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah. I really, really liked those 3 books. I'm not going to buy the remakes, but I will probably get them from the library, just to see what they changed.
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/215224/what-a-coincidence-halo-the-fall-of-reach-gets-a-remake/
This link shows the new cover for The Fall of Reach.

As unexcited for these remakes as I am, I AM excited for Halo Reach, the Forerunner Trilogy, and Halo HD Live. I hope Halo HD Live is a CE remake with Halo 3 or Reach's graphics and online play.

Yautja117

Yautja117

That is really stupid. Make the game to fit cannon, not the other way around.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Agreed. I really, really love those books. The only things that really could use some changing is the number of Spartans. Another site said that there would be short stories or something included with the remakes. Those will probably be cool, but I am not wasting money on a remake of some of my favorite books.

Yautja117

Yautja117

I haven't bought a couple of the books. I'll wait and see what they changed though. If enough people ignore these books/spam 343 industries, hopefully they'll go away.

Basher917

Basher917

hate how halo reach iis going to be bungie's last[/b] game

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Yautja117 on May 22, 2010, 03:32:28 PM
That is really stupid. Make the game to fit cannon, not the other way around.
The game came first, not the other way around. Bungie should't be thinking "Oh my god, this doesn't work because the book said...."

Yautja117

Yautja117

The novel was official cannon. In came out just around the same time to help premote the game. The Fall of Reach and the events that played out have long been cannological. The first game takes place after Reach, so why are there new weapons and aliens? The re-write is to cover their ass and say "no...this is what it was really like."

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Yautja117 on May 23, 2010, 05:40:28 AM
The novel was official cannon.
Where was this said?

Yautja117

Yautja117

Halo Encyclopedia. The Bungie team. Eric Nylund has worked with Bungie on a ton of Halo stuff. Reach was a massive moment in the Halo universe, when the planet, Earth's best defense, fell to the Covanent. Afterwards is when MC landed on the Halo for the first time.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Yautja117 on May 23, 2010, 05:50:40 AM
Halo Encyclopedia. The Bungie team. Eric Nylund has worked with Bungie on a ton of Halo stuff. Reach was a massive moment in the Halo universe, when the planet, Earth's best defense, fell to the Covanent. Afterwards is when MC landed on the Halo for the first time.
I have read the books(except the Cole protocol)

Yautja117

Yautja117

But the story is still considered cannon and they're chaning it because their new game says different. They're just covering their butts and making money. The Cole Protocol just talks about Spartan Gray Team and Captain Keyes. Btw, I'm wonder: How the hell is it going to make sense, having brand new Aliens and Weapons in the story? Personally, I think the Skimishers are a sub-species of Jackel.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

When it comes to the canon division Bungie makes the final word.

Yautja117

Yautja117

No. 343 Industries does. Bungie does not own Halo or the universe. The just created it. Like H.R Giger and the Alien or The Thomas Brothers and the Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed