Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 691,189 times)

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Razz on May 08, 2010, 03:29:39 PM
I'm loving the shit out of Invasion, this is all i'm going to play until the Beta closes.

I love it too, but I prefer Invasion Slayer. For some reason on regular invasion, my team never wants to work together. And the one time I came close to winning Invasion as an Elite, my partner team killed me while i was carrying the memory core so that he could get the game winning points. Five feet from the objective marker, Just my luck.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm loving the shit out of Invasion, this is all i'm going to play until the Beta closes.

As am I.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 08, 2010, 09:03:26 PM

As am I.

It's ridiculously fun to play! :D

I finally completed Halo: Combat Evolved this morning after a couple of months of not playing it, I loved it! The story is miles better than Halo 3's. I'm currently playing Halo 2 on the level The Arbiter.

:)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My XBox is working!!! Love Invasion and Reactor Defense! :D

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 17, 2010, 10:48:07 PM
My XBox is working!!! Love Invasion and Reactor Defense! :D

You're lucky, because the beta closes Wednesday.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Purebreedalien on May 09, 2010, 06:15:31 PM

As am I.

I finally completed Halo: Combat Evolved this morning after a couple of months of not playing it, I loved it! The story is miles better than Halo 3's. I'm currently playing Halo 2 on the level The Arbiter.

Halo 3 is still a great game. The only real problem is that it is too damn short.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 18, 2010, 12:45:36 AM

As am I.

Halo 3 is still a great game. The only real problem is that it is too damn short.

I agree. Halo 1's levels were very long, and very open, which is what I loved about it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's why I say it's overrated, actually. Too long, and slow controls.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 18, 2010, 04:24:31 PM

I think the controls are fine, apart from the vehicle controls, the vehicles are incredibly difficult to control. :D

I think longer games are better, as long as they have a strong story and characters then it keeps your attention and leaves you wanting more.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I loved the storylines in all 5 games so far, so I have really high hopes for Reach.

Cellien

Cellien

I love Halo's controls, especially for the time when it came out.  For console, I actually like the slower-paced control.

I wouldn't say Halo was too long, but I could have done w/out most of the Flood levels.  :P

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Purebreedalien on May 18, 2010, 04:41:03 PM

I think the controls are fine, apart from the vehicle controls, the vehicles are incredibly difficult to control. :D

The vehicle controls are actually really good. If you take time to master them, then they work like a charm. I was a CTF menace because I knew how to handle a Warthog nicely.

Quote from: Cellien on May 18, 2010, 07:30:20 PM

I love Halo's controls, especially for the time when it came out.  For console, I actually like the slower-paced control.

I wouldn't say Halo was too long, but I could have done w/out most of the Flood levels.  :P

I liked the Flood levels. It offered a really different play style; one second you're ducking behind cover and having firefights with your enemies, the next second you're desperately mixing movement, grenades, and aiming to take down the hordes charging you. I found to to spice up Halo considerably.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Purebreedalien on May 18, 2010, 04:04:51 PM

As am I.

I agree. Halo 1's levels were very long, and very open, which is what I loved about it.
Indeed, it was something i loved and that was never replicated in either Halo 2 or 3, Halo 2 was a major letdown IMO and Halo 3 whilst it had its fair share of moments couldn't match the first game.

Just played my last Reach MP beta game tonight, was a good run.Roll on Autumn. :)

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Razz on May 18, 2010, 11:42:18 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on May 18, 2010, 04:04:51 PM

As am I.

Indeed, it was something i loved and that was never replicated in either Halo 2 or 3, Halo 2 was a major letdown IMO and Halo 3 whilst it had its fair share of moments couldn't match the first game.

I agree EXACTLY.  Also, like Drago-Morph, I also liked the vehicle controls.  At first I remember thinking it was weird, but the scheme makes sense really once you get the hang of it.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I love the vehicle controls. Very fluid. Better than most other games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed