Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 692,196 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 05, 2010, 01:57:10 AM
Is the pistol's power comparable to either Halo or Halo 2?

Definiately Halo. I used about half a clip on a Spartan's head and he was down.

My favourite loadout is Jetpack, I love getting the drop on people and having mid-air battles with other Jetpack players, melee battles in the air is suprisingly funny, especially if you win. Their body just falls and falls until- THUD. :D

Guard AKA Invincibility, is useless. My first day playing the Beta I took an enemy's shield down, and he used the Invincibility and couldn't move. I casually walked behind him, as his ability wore off I assassinated him. Another case where it was useless was my brother, on Sword Base, was crossing a bridge and two enemies came from each side of the bridge, he activated his Invincibility they just stood there until it wore off, and then proceeded to just shoot the crap out of him as soon as it ended.

Awesome game, just I think sprint and guard are useless loadouts.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Drago-Morph on May 04, 2010, 08:57:34 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, maybe something's wrong with the projector, but this game is miles away from Halo 3.

Nope, definitely nothing wrong with the projector.  The game is an improvement, but not the "miles" you speak of.  There's some new tech like motion blur, AA, ambient occlusion, and running slightly higher res (though still not true 720p), but like I said before, nothing is going to "blow you away".  That's okay though.  I've always loved the look of Halo's clean lines and crisp color.

It's still roughly half a year to release, so I'm sure some more upgrades will come, but claiming Reach is miles away from Halo 3/ODST is stretching it.... for miles.  :)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Purebreedalien on May 05, 2010, 06:38:35 AM
Guard AKA Invincibility, is useless. My first day playing the Beta I took an enemy's shield down, and he used the Invincibility and couldn't move. I casually walked behind him, as his ability wore off I assassinated him. Another case where it was useless was my brother, on Sword Base, was crossing a bridge and two enemies came from each side of the bridge, he activated his Invincibility they just stood there until it wore off, and then proceeded to just shoot the crap out of him as soon as it ended.

The guy you were playing was a retard, you can choose which way you're facing when you come out of 'Guard mode'. It also recharges your shields when you come out of it. Hardly useless.

And sprint is by far one of the most useful. It's the most effective way to get to those power weapons quickly.

Cellien

Cellien

One thing I came across that baffled me was a dude that was able to constantly do a one hit kill melee attack face to face.  He  seemed to always have this yellowish field around him when he did it.  How does one do that?

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Cellien on May 06, 2010, 03:49:36 AM
One thing I came across that baffled me was a dude that was able to constantly do a one hit kill melee attack face to face.  He  seemed to always have this yellowish field around him when he did it.  How does one do that?

Yellowish field means low shields I think.

Quote from: Aeus on May 05, 2010, 10:48:32 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on May 05, 2010, 06:38:35 AM

The guy you were playing was a retard, you can choose which way you're facing when you come out of 'Guard mode'. It also recharges your shields when you come out of it. Hardly useless.

And sprint is by far one of the most useful. It's the most effective way to get to those power weapons quickly.

Good to know, although I'll never use Guard or Sprint I'm sure there are people who will put it to use some day. :P

Cellien

Cellien

I dunno, no matter what, if we meleed at the same time face to face, he'd kill with one hit even if I have full shield/health...which is something I didn't think was ever possible (I thought it was only ever one hit from behind).

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I haven't a clue then, sorry. :(

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Oh noes! itz teh HAX0RZ!!! derr back!  :o

Cellien

Cellien

That was my impulse reaction, but I think he just knows how to do something I don't.  :P

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Cellien on May 06, 2010, 04:36:55 PM
That was my impulse reaction, but I think he just knows how to do something I don't.  :P

And apparently something the developers don't, as well.

Razz

Razz

Can't wait for invasion but won't be able to play it tomorrow at the earliest. :(

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Now I am kinda sad I do not own an Xbawx.

SpaceMarines

Razz

Razz

I'm loving the shit out of Invasion, this is all i'm going to play until the Beta closes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed