Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 720,098 times)

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 30, 2010, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: Razz on Apr 30, 2010, 02:29:50 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 30, 2010, 03:44:19 AM
Speaking of ODST, is it worth buying? Or is it one of those games only die-hard fans of the series would enjoy?
I actually like the SP campaign in ODST much more than H3's, mostly because i just can't stand the flood and i enjoy battling covie scum in the streets etc more often than other levels in the previous games.

Does it at least feel like a different game?

Yeah a little bit, for starters you cant jump like 50 feet in the air and there's health pick ups. It feels a little different but it's pretty much your standard halo experience through and through. Should check it out, imo I kinda like it better than the previous halos'.

If you cant make up your mind check out this vid review from GT

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-halo-3-odst/56112

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Thanks for that. I think I'll pick it up after all!

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 30, 2010, 05:44:18 PM
Thanks for that. I think I'll pick it up after all!

Cool, I know alot of people were pissed that there was no MC but honestly I'd rather play a hardend soldier/ODST than a huge ass tank w/ legs super soldier. Not putting MC down or anything just not my thing.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I enjoyed the banter in ODST. It was cheesy, but very likeable (and that goes for the characters too.)

Spoiler
Moments like this were great. Action, a little drama and some comic relief. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdhtDIVJzY
[close]

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Lover off all Halo cutscenes especially Wars

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Doom, since you seem to be enjoying 3 and getting ODST, have you played Halo Wars? As a Halo fan I would recommend it. Before Wars I  have never played an RTS in my life, so you don't need to be an RTS fan to get into the game, but it should be great if you are one.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I just finished Halo 3. Again: fun, but nothing special. Certainly not like Halo 2 was so I give it an 8/10. Good to know Chief survives. Not going to play Wars; I heard it was terrible. Besides, I'm not a fan of console-based RTS games. Can't play one without a mouse.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2010, 06:47:01 AM
I just finished Halo 3. Again: fun, but nothing special. Certainly not like Halo 2 was so I give it an 8/10. Good to know Chief survives. Not going to play Wars; I heard it was terrible. Besides, I'm not a fan of console-based RTS games. Can't play one without a mouse.

I've only heard average to good reviews on Halo Wars. The only people that seemed to hate it the people that thought OmG!!1111!!!! NO MASTUR CHEEF????/??!? And for it to work on the XBox, the controls were easily simplified. Oh well, we all have our own opinions.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I preferd it but I don't like the constant shooters so it was a nice break

TJ Doc

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

:D

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

;D :D :D Nice Vid

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Might as well chime in with a bit of first hand knowledge about Reach. Suffice to say, it's f**king awesome. It's essentially the best of Halo 3 and Halo 1 combined, with a ton of new elements to improve them both. The gameplay has it's kinks, but nothing that won't be worked out by the time the full game rolls around. The melee is no longer a go-to attack; it must be used sparingly, as damage no longer transfers. It's a dangerous proposition, because if they have shields, then you'll end up looking like a fool while they capitalize on your momentary inability to follow-up. The battles are much more versatile now, what with armor-locker's getting people's attention and the cloaked guys coming up behind, the jet packs raining death from above. The new weapons are great additions, and they all have a very balanced feel. In Halo 3, the only weapons I'd ever see were the Battle Rifle, or if you didn't start with that, the Battle Rifle and Assault Rifle. The most common weapons are still the Assault Rifle and Pistol, but only because those are the most common starting weapons. I always see a variety, and rarely run into the same weapon twice in a short period of time.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Sounds good. Can't wait 'till the third. :)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I won't be home until the fourteenth... so imma' going to get my arse handed to me.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed