Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 720,057 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I think you'd call Microsoft before the FBI.  :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Some people got the beta early from codes. I myself forgot to enter the contests, so I have to wait until the third :(

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 30, 2010, 12:43:04 AM
Some people got the beta early from codes. I myself forgot to enter the contests, so I have to wait until the third :(

Nope, there's a promotion running to get it on. A "backdoor" of sorts.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

I thought anyone who bought Halo: ODST were getting a beta copy first before everyone else?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

People with Halo 3: ODST are the only ones getting the Beta, unless you're one of the few Xbox Live members who get selected randomly to participate.

Remonster

Remonster

Anyone know if we'll be able to set up parties in the Beta? Im thinking we can get some AVPGalaxy members together for some Reach goodness.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Speaking of ODST, is it worth buying? Or is it one of those games only die-hard fans of the series would enjoy?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Worth buying if it weren't $60. More like a $30 game. Perhaps a rental.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 30, 2010, 03:44:19 AM
Speaking of ODST, is it worth buying? Or is it one of those games only die-hard fans of the series would enjoy?

I really enjoyed it, it's very different from Halo 3 but it's not for everybody and I've known people who hated it, so if I were you, I would rent it first and see if you like it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I love it. It's a new, fun campaign, and an awesome new game mode, plus all the Halo 3 DLCs if you don't have those.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I waited and got it off Amazon for £15, so I can definitely say it was worth it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, it was a fun little change of pace, but it was not worth the price of a full game.

Razz

Razz

I actually like the SP campaign in ODST much more than H3's, mostly because i just can't stand the flood and i enjoy battling covie scum in the streets etc more often than other levels in the previous games.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Razz on Apr 30, 2010, 02:29:50 PM
I actually like the SP campaign in ODST much more than H3's, mostly because i just can't stand the flood and i enjoy battling covie scum in the streets etc more often than other levels in the previous games.

Im w/ u man, ODST is my fav halo game because well playing as MC is cool and all but I always thought it would be cool playing just a regular soldier fighting the covenant. Also firefight is a ton of fun could spend hours playing that and I could care less about the 2nd MP disc w/ all the mp maps known to man. Not a fan of the online. Having said that I do think Halo:Reach is gonna kick some serious ass between the new loadouts, re-designed weapons and armor abilities not to mention the cool story of how reach actually fell, just a win win imo.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Razz on Apr 30, 2010, 02:29:50 PM

Does it at least feel like a different game?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed