Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 718,097 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 18, 2010, 04:53:45 PM
XBox Connect is this free program that you can download that tricks your XBox into thiking that you are playing on a system link game and allows you to play games such as Combat Evolved online.

Oh, don't know anything about that. Sorry I couldn't help. :)

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

I just put on my Halo 3 soundtrack and I have to say Halo has the best Game soundtrack Ever IMO. I love it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Dude, do yourself a favour, and go to 2:21 on "Behold a Pale Horse".

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2010, 01:45:39 PM
Dude, do yourself a favour, and go to 2:21 on "Behold a Pale Horse".

This song is outstanding brings back all the memory's.   :')

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sooo, whos excited for the forerunner trilogy??? I can't wait!

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

What's the Forerunner trilogy?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A trilogy of books set in the Halo universe all about the Forerunners. The book will be written by Greg Bear, with the first coming out this year.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I found it so very disappointing that no other Halo game ever made it close to Halo 2's Covenant story telling- I was actually fairly pissed off when I found NONE of this kind of thing in Halo 3. And now, they are venturing even farther away from it with Halo: Reach. I have no problems with a more human story- but really, the Covenant side to the story is what gripped me with Halo's story (if not Halo 1's mystery). Just everything about this kind of thing in Halo 2 strikes a chord with me, and leaves me begging for more.

From The Arbiter and R'tas's intial tention to their slow transformation to brotherhood (I found that happened right as they were going to enter The Library on that transport platform, to the shocking betrayal of the Prophets (which had so many different layers connecting with Master Chief's story too).
It was all just so damn great, and I personally didn't find anything wrong with the Covenant missions. Halo 2's story was (unfourtunately) one of a kind- a kind which I would kill to see come up again in another Halo game.

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2010, 09:45:00 PM
Sooo, whos excited for the forerunner trilogy??? I can't wait!

I'm excited for it. My attention has been on other things lately though so I forgot about it. :-\

Yautja117

Yautja117

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 28, 2010, 03:05:56 AM
I found it so very disappointing that no other Halo game ever made it close to Halo 2's Covenant story telling- I was actually fairly pissed off when I found NONE of this kind of thing in Halo 3. And now, they are venturing even farther away from it with Halo: Reach. I have no problems with a more human story- but really, the Covenant side to the story is what gripped me with Halo's story (if not Halo 1's mystery). Just everything about this kind of thing in Halo 2 strikes a chord with me, and leaves me begging for more.

From The Arbiter and R'tas's intial tention to their slow transformation to brotherhood (I found that happened right as they were going to enter The Library on that transport platform, to the shocking betrayal of the Prophets (which had so many different layers connecting with Master Chief's story too).
It was all just so damn great, and I personally didn't find anything wrong with the Covenant missions. Halo 2's story was (unfourtunately) one of a kind- a kind which I would kill to see come up again in another Halo game.
I wouldn't mind a whole elite game. But alot of reviewers disliked the Arbiter and his arc. Called it "the crap bits." I'd like to see more of R'tas. I find his character as interesting or maybe even more so than The Arbiter's.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah- the reviews are mostly hypocritical dumbasses; in Halo 2, they criticized the Arbiter sections (which I thought were amazing, and brilliant), and then in Halo 3, when they removed that part of the story, they started bitching.

On a some-what un-related note, what was your favorite Halo novel? Mine would probably have to be 'The Cole Protocol'. I don't really think of saying 'The Fall of Reach' because, that is a classic among fans, so it doesn't really need to be said.

Another Elite I found amazing was Zamamee- he was sooo awesome! I loved his little back and forth relationship with Yayap. My Xbox Live Gamertag is actually Zamamee 569 (the 569 isn't random- at least to me, it isn't).

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

569? Are you on AvP Beginning, because there's an Alien that uses that same number?

Yautja117

Yautja117

I loved the Arbiter. Kieth David nailed the character! But I disliked his Halo 3 redesign and wish he wouldn't have had to play second fiddle. It reduced the character to a side kick. Favorite novel? Damn, that's hard! Probably The Fall of Reach or Ghosts of Onyx. I want a novel that tells what happens after Halo 3 and what happened to the Spartans trapped in the Shield world.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I love Keith David. In everything he's in, even something as terrible as Volcano, he always has the most memorable character.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 28, 2010, 06:06:44 AM
569? Are you on AvP Beginning, because there's an Alien that uses that same number?
What the fu-- ?
No, I didn't even know that!  :D

It's just some weird, personal, constant occurance in my life. That's just yet another coincidence!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed