Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 735,320 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Halo: ODST had some of the sexiest music I've ever heard from a game. Seriously, the Saxaphone solo in "Deference for Darkness"? Run through the streets at night- in real life. The closest I ever got to that was, I was drinking some icy cold water after jogging, and it got dark out.. then some rain started coming down but it was light, and warm.. so pleasant. I was listening to my iPod, so obviously I decided to turn this song on. It was A-mazing. One of the most perfect, and memorable moments of my life. The cold water, the cool night, the warm & light rain with the street lights... oh, it was perfect, and I could only wish that kind of sensation to all others.

Wow, that got a bit off topic, but it was to amazing to not share.

Cellien

Cellien

I agree the music in ODST was brilliant.  So moody.

Those screens look good but not as big of an advancement in graphics as I was expecting.  Nice though, for sure.  Love the Spartan models.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Were those supposed to be Jackals? Holy shit they turned into velociraptors.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Spaghetti on Jan 20, 2010, 07:49:35 PM
Were those supposed to be Jackals? Holy shit they turned into velociraptors.
Nope they are called Skirmishers but yes the jackals are in it.

The graphics don't look anything special but they do look better than Halo 3 at this point.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It kind of looks a bit like they are just using the Gears of War engine, which takes away some of Halo's trademark original style. If I hadn't know what a Spartan looked like, I could have sword this was a Gears game..

Razz

Razz

Not unreal engine in the slightest, and the reason why for the darker tone is because is that the story is pretty grim as Reach pretty much gets glassed.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Razz on Jan 20, 2010, 08:39:45 PM
Not unreal engine in the slightest, and the reason why for the darker tone is because is that the story is pretty grim as Reach pretty much gets glassed.
I know that, it's just the way it is presented is very Gears of War-ish.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

God damn, those graphics are HOT. Who knows, maybe that will be the game that makes me buy a 360.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 20, 2010, 09:51:22 PM
God damn, those graphics are HOT. Who knows, maybe that will be the game that makes me buy a 360.

If so, and you like the story, I would also suggest all the older Halo games. But, yeah, when this gomes out, good bye life!

Razz

Razz

Quote from: "The Space Sweeper" on Jan 20, 2010, 08:58:59 PM
Quote from: Razz on Jan 20, 2010, 08:39:45 PM
I know that, it's just the way it is presented is very Gears of War-ish.
Do explain. ???

I really don't see any comparisons between this and Gears.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

To me, it's all in the lighting. More specifically, the light shines on the armor exactly like that of Gears of War, with certain areas seeming almost highlighted. I really hope they keep the smooth sheen of the Covenant armor the same- they already took away their english dialoge.. which I understand, is a call-back to Halo: CE, but really, every other Halo game had them speaking english, I (and many others) will sorely miss the badass voices of the Elites in exchange for a "wort wort wort" here and there.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I loved the worts! The graphics will also probably look much better in the final product: we're still several months from the release date.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: "The Space Sweeper" on Jan 20, 2010, 11:40:57 PM
To me, it's all in the lighting. More specifically, the light shines on the armor exactly like that of Gears of War, with certain areas seeming almost highlighted. I really hope they keep the smooth sheen of the Covenant armor the same- they already took away their english dialoge.. which I understand, is a call-back to Halo: CE, but really, every other Halo game had them speaking english, I (and many others) will sorely miss the badass voices of the Elites in exchange for a "wort wort wort" here and there.
I still really don't see why that has anything to do with Gears just because the lighting shines on the armor, and i'm re-playing Gears 2 just before i typed this so i really still don't see the comparison.

I'm glad the "wort wort wort" and non english covie diologue is back, it makes the convenant less human and more alien.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, wort wort wort is epic, but no more grunt jokes :'( Maybe with IWHBYD, though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wouldn't mind hearing "Nnnooooooooo!!!!!" being shouted by Elites again, that was pretty funny.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed