Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 916,920 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Finished Mass Effect, and RUINER and OBSERVER, in addition to Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II, just started Dragon Age Inquisition for the very first time.

https://youtu.be/W7etDHJZqAo

Ruiner's an absolute blast, and Observer's quite thought provoking and atmospheric with an absolutely superb last performance from Rutger Hauer "Do I know my rights? I... f**k yeah." Between them you have everything Cyberpunk 2077 ought to have done right.

https://youtu.be/Zw3Tnoamgws
https://youtu.be/S2eLSRZYoBs
And here's my big Qunari lady from DA:I

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I liked DA:I quite a bit.  There's a simple money cheat if you get tired of grinding.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't know exactly why but something really put me off it when it came out, I have to say, Series X's kinda a godsend with the way the backwards compatibility functions, I hadn't touched the Dragon Ages in nearly ten years, and God damn Origins'... a masterpiece.

That build up to the battle of Ostagar?
Utter perfection.

I have decided to make this my canonical playthrough for now anyway. Female Warden Alienage Rogue, Male Hawke Mage Champion, Female Inquisitor Warrior Qunari.

I have also came out with a real appreciation for II now, not just in look, the clean artstyle looks substantially better on a larger display but it hits with more intimate beats being that you're not saving the world just trying to hold everything together.
It's definitely still got issues for sure though.
It's also got an issue of expectation in the way things unfold, Hawke's already a fully formed person, that you get to direct the development of instead of a truly blank slate. I actually really enjoyed playing him as a character in the world, and considering the way Dragon Age actually works, I decided I'd play marketing Hawke because he looks extremely cool and it's a bit silly if all the heroes of thedas end up being women so he's the one man so far anyway.

For similar reasons I like to play a different race and class each time, and the ones I felt might make for the most interesting dynamic with the plot itself- so an  Alienage Warrior or Rogue that's considered neither a true elf nor counted amongst the humans with that dire opening, I do really like the whole mirror aspect from the Dalish origin and the fact that ends up being super important later on though, but yeah romancing Leliana feels especially fulfilling as a Tabris' because of the way her history ties into Tabris' own if you know in Leliana's Song, and because of the way she features prominently in the later entries. Obviously Mage Hawke's got the most stake in II's story. And I thought a Qunari being the herald in III makes the premise all the more interesting and also of course I want to play one in the event we don't get a chance in the other entries.

Hopefully III can win me over, it starts off weird, but it is fun- even on Nightmare difficulty. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did you try DA:I before and give up or is this truly your first time?  It sounds like you've been through it before.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I played the first hour or around that, back when it first came out, but I remembered nothing.

Only Cassandra turning me down lol.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did you get Game Pass for your Series X or something?  You've been powering through this series lately.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Unemployed and a friend with gamepass.
I only go out one day of the week routinely.

Taking the opportunity to blast through favourites and clear the backlog out. That I'm pretty much done with surprising myself.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Aliens: Fireteam Elite with friends, its super fun. The 3rd campaign is the best so far.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 09, 2021, 11:42:59 PMjust started Dragon Age Inquisition for the very first time.

How far are you now?

Huggs

Huggs

Call of Duty 4

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pokemon Blue

Drowzee is a Space Jockey. Change my mind.

Wysps

Wysps

Borderlands 3, Psycho Krieg DLC.  I've run into the problem of somehow not leveling up as fast as the other person I'm playing with, even though they just hang back and let me do all the mowing down  ???

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 11, 2021, 07:59:23 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 09, 2021, 11:42:59 PMjust started Dragon Age Inquisition for the very first time.

How far are you now?

I'M SO GAY

UGHHH <3 <3 <3

Yeah I'm loving it so far.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Better than Origins?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I was twelve or eleven years old when Origins released, it's one of those things I can never see objectively.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed