New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,804 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I love 10 Cloverfield Lane. But then, I also love Shane Black's earlier films and The Predator turned out to be unwatchable.

We'll see, I guess. But I'm not going to muster up any excitement. I'm just shocked that they're moving forward with this before doing an Alien film, honestly.

Shasvre

Cool. I love the choice of director.

Darkness

Crikey, I never expected this announcement.

10 Cloverfield Lane was awesome. It's probably a good thing they're getting away from Black's film and doing something different.

bendinglight

Never saw the Cloverfield films but just read up on the 10 Cloverfield Lane movie and glad that it isn't the 'found footage' type of movie. Haven't seen any of the content by the writer - anyone else seen his stuff? If so, what did you think of it?

Ultramorph

I'm cautiously excited. 10CL was fantastic, and I love a stripped down Predator movie like that after they tried to go all Marvel with the 2018 movie.

Wweyland

What? And this isn't even WeGotThisCovered!
I'm very surprised  at this after the disappointment of The Predator (the other sequels didn't do good either, including AVPR), but then again they keep on making the Terminator movies with the same vigor.

Corporal Hicks

Posted on the front page with some plot details too. We've known about this one for a little while, and it had actually been unknowingly announced a year ago.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It should have broken tomorrow on Predator 2's 30th Anniversary.....

but still...

BEST
DAMN
NEWS EVER!!!

Voodoo Magic.....is ready.!

Corporal Hicks

While Deadline wasn't able to go into specifics of the plot of Predator 5, we do actually have some story details for you! Alien vs. Predator Galaxy has known about this upcoming Predator 5 for a little while now.  Now bear with us on this one because it is going to seem like a leap.

In December of 2019, Discussing Film exclusively announced that Trachtenberg was developing a film with 20th Century Studios and Disney called Skulls, also written by Patrick Aison and was to be producer by long time Predator series producer John Davis. Discussing Film also provided some small details about Skulls' plot.

Quote'Skulls' will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

This small bit of information marries up with what Alien vs. Predator Galaxy was told regarding the upcoming Predator 5. According to our own sources Predator 5 will be set in the past (finally!) where it will focus around Native Americans before the territories were taken by the American settles, featuring a First Nations cast. It seems quite likely that Skulls is actually Predator 5, perhaps a working title or codename.

Wweyland

Damn I loved Big Game, especially the comic.
If they go with the "Batshit insane Predator" route (with no CGI), I will be very happy.

seattle24

I feel like this won't get off the ground even though it's "greenlit" now. Unless they're making it for 25 million dollars or something. Even then, that kinda money sounds huge for a Predator film in today's climate. Will be stunned if this begins filming.

Russian

10 Cloverfield Lane was good and Predator + Native Americans sounds like a kickass movie. Hope they cast actual Native Americans for the roles.

426Buddy

This is some truly shocking news but it is so very welcome right now... I needed this.

Doomofman

Crack open the movie specific forum cause we're back bitches  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed