The Orville

Started by Local Trouble, Mar 03, 2019, 12:57:38 AM

Author
The Orville (Read 3,054 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is no one else watching this show?  It's kicking all kinds of ass now.  Hell, this week's episode alone was a better Star Trek (or Star Wars) experience than anything either property has given us recently.

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

My dad is a huge fan and I visited him yesterday and have only seen the last two episodes. Yeah they were pretty tits!

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

I f**king love this show. Have watched every single episode. The last two were gold.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I know he's not doing it all alone, but McFarlane has proven that he isn't just a goofball and that he knows what his audience wants. Imagine if he had a shot at an actual Star Trek (or even Star Wars) project. We already know how much he cherishes both properties.

I hope Disney is taking notice.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

The New Star Trek is trash. They should be completely embarrassed by The Orville.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I also imagine that Fox will think twice before giving it the Firefly treatment.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I tried the first two episodes but I couldn't stomach them. Might have to try again since everyone seems to be raving it these days.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It took a few episodes to find its legs.  Season two is even better since they've finally found a happy medium between comedy and drama.

Now it's easily one of the best shows on TV.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I find McFarlane quite hit and miss in general. Is Orville more consistant?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Definitely.  Although season one was a bit more spoofy, it still had a lot of character development, social commentary and was entertaining as all hell.  It's only gotten better since then.

Binge it if you can.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I love this show. My mum enjoys it too lol. Yeah it definitely took a few episodes to find its footing and get the balance of Trek Love and Comedy right, but now its on its way.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2019, 11:00:15 AM
I tried the first two episodes but I couldn't stomach them. Might have to try again since everyone seems to be raving it these days.

It's kind of like TCW, the first season's episodes are a bit dicey but it eventually finds it's balance. It's not a bad show. Season 2 is amazing.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So...did anyone else catch that season finale?

SM

SM

Didn't even catch the startale.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed