Star Wars: The Old Republic

Started by The Son of Paragus, Oct 25, 2008, 08:40:17 AM

Author
Star Wars: The Old Republic (Read 38,664 times)

dallevalle

dallevalle

Will it be free to play or pay to play ?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: dallevalle on Jun 15, 2010, 09:53:01 AM

No one knows yet. The best system would be buying the game and playing for free but including microtransactions for optional special/VIP stuff, so they still get money to mantain the servers. Many MMOs have gone this route before.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jun 15, 2010, 11:20:41 AM
Quote from: dallevalle on Jun 15, 2010, 09:53:01 AM

No one knows yet. The best system would be buying the game and playing for free but including microtransactions for optional special/VIP stuff, so they still get money to mantain the servers. Many MMOs have gone this route before.

Well if we know them right they will be to greedy with money and want us to first pay then pay to play ........ i bet it will go that way ..... and if it does that i wont get this game for sure.

DrHobo

DrHobo

I hope it will be 'pay to play' but not as high as current MMO's. Let's say go down from 15$ to 8$ per month. Somehow you have to cover the whole maintenance costs and the 24/7 support.

And it won't be 'pay then pay to play'. You always get one month free to play after you buy the game.

Mike’s Monsters

Anyone know if this is coming out for Mac?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Mikey on Jun 15, 2010, 09:35:51 PM
Don't think its been anounced yet.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Mikey on Jun 15, 2010, 09:35:51 PM

Games....on the Mac?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>_>

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I must admit, I actually f**king laughed for real just now, all loud too.

That Yellow Alien

Damn, I wish I had a computer that could play this game.

Mike’s Monsters

WOW is on the Mac! I had high hopes for a second!

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

It might be since steam has started mac gaming again not sure for certain though cause I know mmo work differently.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I want to keep this thread going rather than start a new one.  Any WoW players on here?  What do you think of SW:TOR combat?  People are calling it Star WoW, and I have to say I agree with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEsPlG5F4ts

I love story in a game, especially a multiplayer one because we don't really have a lot of massively multiplayer games that can immerse you in a story like a single player game.  WoW gets boring quick if you care about in-depth stories and character relations, I think.  But, the combat in The Old Republic looks so five years ago.  The choreographed lightsaber battles are eye-candy, but I can't help wondering how much is your actual input and how much you just watch...

The gun battles are just as idiotic as they've always been in RPGS, where 2 characters stand in the open and shoot each other 45 times before one's health bar runs out.  It's like the opposite of realistic combat, but for the sake of the game I may tolerate it.

Thoughts on combat system??

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

KOTOR's horrific, quasi turn-based combat system was the only thing keeping me from enjoying the damn game, and since SWTOR is using a similar system I unfortunately won't be bothering with it.

Althalus

Althalus

I'll definately be giving this a go when it releases, or sooner if I can get into beta when it starts.

I'm hoping being a bioware game and it having been in production for about 5 years it will have decent quality to it. You normally cant go wrong with bioware.

Plus its Star Wars! How can you not want to play a Star Wars game? lol Not withstanding how SOE screwen Galaxies.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 08, 2010, 07:22:17 PM
KOTOR's horrific, quasi turn-based combat system was the only thing keeping me from enjoying the damn game, and since SWTOR is using a similar system I unfortunately won't be bothering with it.

Unlimited health cheat on. Lightsaber start cheat on. Basic attack only. Pause every few seconds to relish in the epicness that is the melee eye candy of KOTOR that no regular combat system could provide.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed