A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 47,606 times)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Hi everyone,
                   Longtime lurker here, Website Omega underground are reporting that FOX are currently in the process of developing a series set in the 'Alien Universe' , take this with a grain of salt but more social media outlets are reporting this, so i thought i would give you all the link to read yourselves
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/07/03/rumor-a-series-set-in-the-alien-universe-being-considered/

This at present should be treated as a rumour, but a few reports are popping up on you tube too. and it's garnering interest. Anyway, i thought i would just make you aware, hopefully corporal Hicks can do some digging and see what fox has to say.

Wobblyboddle77

Prez

And to quote the late, great Leonard Nimoy...  "Fascinating..."

Corporal Hicks

So we're debating whether or not to post this on the front-page now that Omega has broken the news but the short is I've known something about this for a few months now, and have spoken to a small handful of people in the know. I've got no real concrete info other than that there's something in the works/being developed regarding some sort of Alien series thing.

But honestly I've no real idea of what it is. I was told not to get hung up over the word series, or show, not to expect something like a traditional TV series or anything. Most likely to be something released via the internet - whether that's traditional streaming services or some other platforms.

I suspect it's going to be something akin to Space: Above and Beyond with focus on the Colonial Marines but that's just my own speculation.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2018, 10:21:16 AM
So we're debating whether or not to post this on the front-page now that Omega has broken the news but the short is I've known something about this for a few months now, and have spoken to a small handful of people in the know. I've got no real concrete info other than that there's something in the works/being developed regarding some sort of Alien series thing.

But honestly I've no real idea of what it is. I was told not to get hung up over the word series, or show, not to expect something like a traditional TV series or anything. Most likely to be something released via the internet - whether that's traditional streaming services or some other platforms.

I suspect it's going to be something akin to Space: Above and Beyond with focus on the Colonial Marines but that's just my own speculation.

Do you know if it's going to uphold the lore of the prequels or pretty much retcon the goo/David in favor of the classic mythology?

TC

Ah yes, Space: Above and Beyond... that takes me back.

This is why I worry about taking the Aliens out of an Alien spinoff. You  could just about argue that Ridley Scott got awy with it in Prometheus, because he replaced them with something else that was equally as interesting, but Colonial Marines without Aliens? Isn't Space Above and Beyond (which lasted 1 season) what you'd get?

TC

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 04, 2018, 11:04:48 AM
Do you know if it's going to uphold the lore of the prequels or pretty much retcon the goo/David in favor of the classic mythology?

No idea I'm afraid but I imagine that a lot of direction is going to be dictated by the budget. There's so much they could do - just whether they have the cash.

PredBabe

Alien Isolation  plz plz plz!

Local Trouble

Will this be like Star Wars Rebels?

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2018, 12:14:01 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 04, 2018, 11:04:48 AM

No idea I'm afraid but I imagine that a lot of direction is going to be dictated by the budget. There's so much they could do - just whether they have the cash.

I hope it lands on Netflix. If a talented crew gets their hands on a budget half the size of Altered Carbon's...

I wonder if Scott Free is going to produce as well.

Vermillion

Space Above and Beyond was a good series.  It was ahead of its time. 

The Old One

The Old One

Use the Pathogen and good writing, then you can do whatever you want.

Nightmare Asylum

Could this potentially be the five winning short films that are going to be created via the Tongal contest? Those meet the criteria of not being a traditional series and being distributed online.

Still Collating...

Whatever it is, I am glad to hear something is in development!

bobby brown

I agree, glad we are getting something!

But a (possible) series dedicated the colonial marines?.... :-\

I always found them the least interesting in the entire franchise.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 04, 2018, 03:47:38 PM
Could this potentially be the five winning short films that are going to be created via the Tongal contest? Those meet the criteria of not being a traditional series and being distributed online.

I don't believe so. This is separate to 40th anniversary celebrations afaik. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed