Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 12, 2021, 05:55:12 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician! (Read 14,846 times)

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 15, 2021, 08:18:02 PM
It's also set a good half century after the first three films.

Dare I ask, what does that have to do with anything?

I'm getting good vibes from the Technician class and like the sound of that pistol/shotgun combo, but of course I'll be getting a feel for each class.

PAS Spinelli

Because of the divided rights situation.
But it is easy to acquire.
quarter century actually

Dachande

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 15, 2021, 08:37:30 PM
Because of the divided rights situation.
But it is easy to acquire.
quarter century actually

AvP2 is set 52 years after Aliens and 3. Which i believe was what was being talked about.

BlueMarsalis79

My initial point being more advanced weaponry surely makes the Alien easier to eliminate.

Crazy Rich

Well I guess that's fine from a head cannon perspective.

From my perspective though it's a video game, it's normal for liberties to be taken depending on what vision the developers are striving for.

BlueMarsalis79

Of course that's the actual reason, in one way or another always it is, but I don't think I'm incorrect in saying this' the most advanced we have ever seen the marines.

Kimarhi

I always head cannoned it to the Marines carrying what they thought was needed based on the mission they received.

The Marines in Aliens for example landed on a colony world with breathable atmosphere and undervalued ripley's report.

Might have went in heavier if they hadn't.

This actually happens in the real world.  Scouts moving through thick forest or jungle often times don't wear helmets because it catches on things, and troops fighting in mountains usually scale down from an IOTV (body armor) to a plate carrier (body armor) for ease of movement. 

I also headcannon that they have full combat suits at that time, but they might be hard to maintenance that far away from core systems so they don't break them out unless they need them.

White actually thought of stuff like this in his new book with the protective gear the Marines were wearing. 

Grimtaur

Does anyone know if we're going to get helmets?

Drukathi

Quote from: Grimtaur on Mar 17, 2021, 05:51:03 AM

I think - no.

For the same reason that we have a third person view - character customization.

Kailem

Hopefully we will, but I haven't noticed anyone wearing helmets in any of the in-game footage we've seen so far.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 17, 2021, 07:05:34 AM
Quote from: Grimtaur on Mar 17, 2021, 05:51:03 AM

I think - no.

For the same reason that we have a third person view - character customization.

Yeah, this seems probable to me.

Corporal Hicks

I don't see how that would stop it. It's a customization option. But we'll see.

Hemi

Aliens : Killing Floor. Took a while before they realised it was the way to go... But hey, here we are, and I'm happy. Perk system looks way better then the primitive KF system. Good. Good. I will enjoy this.

Kimarhi

I imagine you will have helmets.  Wildlands always showed their characters without them, yet there were several styles of helmets available during the campaign.  They didn't boost your stats though, they were there just to add a little visual flair. 

PVTDukeMorrison

In the reveal trailer, about 15 seconds in, the guy on the far right sith the smartgun is wearing a helmet. Granted its not the vietnam era M1 with 80's futuristic aesthetics, it looks more futuristic. For some reason whenever military games with customization show a trailer, people in game are rarely wearing helmets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed