Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 12, 2021, 05:55:12 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician! (Read 15,173 times)

RidgeTop

Kailem

Predator red dot sight spotted in that screencap around the 10-11 minute mark for the "Medved" shotgun. Predators confirmed! :P :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 14, 2021, 09:31:39 AM
Predator red dot sight spotted in that screencap around the 10-11 minute mark for the "Medved" shotgun. Predators confirmed! :P :laugh:

As with PHG, it's inevitable that a pocket of fans will soon be asking Cold Iron... will you be adding Predators?  ;D

SuperiorIronman

It might throw some legitimacy at some crossover potential..., at least as far as releases go. If HG can use Scar it might be waiting on Alien to release to tie it in with the upcoming game.

Or it's just a tongue in cheek reference.

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2021, 01:33:52 PM
As with PHG, it's inevitable that a pocket of fans will soon be asking Cold Iron... will you be adding Predators?  ;D

Some PC modders will change skins to make it happen. A shoulder rocket launcher is already there.

Voodoo Magic

I had this wild thought in my head of a reverse a-symmetrical Hunting Grounds scenario for Alien. A night jungle, with a team of four Aliens that can use the trees, against one Colonial Marine. Aliens would have classes too. Drone, Runner, Spitter, Burster, etc.

RidgeTop

As pointed out by 'Peter DeRosa' in the comments of our YouTube video, the Kramer Assault Rifle is from the old 'Rogue' comic.

BlueMarsalis79

Corporal Hicks

I'd thought the flamethrowers looked like the sonic weapons from Rogue, but had completely blanked on these ugly things.  :laugh: Love the deep-dive though. Love it.

Kailem

Yeah I'm all about deep dives and pulling lore from old comics or obscure corners of the EU, so I love this. This sort of thing is one of the reasons I like the rpg so much, so I'm totally down with it here too (even more so if they build off each other and we end up seeing some of these weapons in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual with the same or expanded lore soon).

BlueMarsalis79

That may explain the Aliens going down easier in this than in the first three films.

Corporal Hicks

It's not too dissimilar to the other games. It's just one of those concessions.

BlueMarsalis79

I don't know they're plenty tough in AVP 2010 on normal and upwards, also plenty tough in Infestation especially for a side scroller, we know the deal with Isolation and everything else came out twenty years ago or more.

Crazy Rich

If memory serves me right it's not all that different to how fast aliens went down in AvP2, one of thee best Alien related games out there.

And it's not on steam.  :'(

BlueMarsalis79

Because of the divided rights situation.
But it is easy to acquire.
It's also set a good half century after the first three films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed