AVP-R Ending

Started by IZE, May 30, 2018, 08:04:28 PM

Author
AVP-R Ending (Read 7,625 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No. Dawsons Creek vs. Aliens was never going to be anything anyone wanted.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2018, 05:58:42 PM
No. Dawsons Creek vs. Aliens was never going to be anything anyone wanted.

That's what i'm saying Huda, it didn't have to be Dawson's creek. Yes they were stuck with the Earth setting, and with the local town setting, but they could have gutted the details entirely.

Here's just a free two minute idea. Make it about the National Guard. Have Kelly in the National Guard, have her family living in Gunnison. Have all of the AVP stuff be shrouded in mystery. Keep the hunter and the boy seeing something crash, only they see it while camping, at night, and it looks like a meteor to them. When they go to investigate they get dragged off into the dark. Have the national guard have to deal with some OWLF guys who are monitoring and tracking the Wolf Predator. Everything comes to a head at the air strip, just like in the Salerno script.

Same premise, similar locales, completely different context, tone, mood, pacing, and details.

SM

SM

You could even do 'Dawson's Creek', if the characters are halfway interesting or have something resembling a personality.  There was enough space in that flick to give them a bit more depth.  Salerno's script even did make Kelly and whatever her husband's name was more interesting.  Instead they were just all dull.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah I am not sure how even a good director could help the movie if the script was garbage, there would have to be major rewrites which you can't always do depending on deadlines.

I mean if the movie had to be set on earth and in Gunnison, they should have at least got a few things right, and while I don't want to see a rehash of Aliens, perhaps focusing on the National guard might have been better, OWLF being involved could have added some spice too. Of course then you have to make sure the characters have actual dimension and not be cardboards.

More importantly, get rid of the egg barfing thing and rapid life-cycle.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 30, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

It`s been some time... but I think Colin Strause said they planned on having the OWLF team from Predator 2 to find Wolf`s ship at the end. But just like their other ideas... the budget didn`t allow it.

Finding the ship woulda made a lot more sense

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

No more or less than the fact that they never found Jungle Hunter's ship.

They had a lot of ideas, but none of them would have made the film more than the sum of it's part... Ooh, we could have gotten to see 30 seconds of the alien planet... Oooh it was supposed to be Garber instead of Colonel Stevens... Ooh ,they might have found the pod Wolf dropped down in...

...None of which would have made the film any better in any particular fashion, sad to say.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 27, 2018, 02:45:14 AM

I thought Jungle Hunter came down in a pod?

SM

SM

He did.

Same deal though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 27, 2018, 02:45:14 AMNo more or less than the fact that they never found Jungle Hunter's ship.

The second film's novel states the Jungle Hunter's ship returned home on autopilot following his death, taking with it a record of what he had seen and done while on Earth.

It goes on to say the second film's Predator comes to Earth because he's seen these recordings and wishes to test himself against the same challenging prey, which I thought was a nice idea.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Weren't they going to originally have Dutch find the pod and have the brawl take place around it?

I always figured the ship detonated with Jungle Hunter's wrist gauntlet anyway.

As for transferring data/footage to the mothership, I like that concept. I feel like, with their technology, Jungle Hunter could probably transmit it from Earth to a ship in Earth's orbit with ease even, as opposed to sending back the pod, but either way I guess.

Something that always bugged me with P2 was that they had a rather large ship sitting in the city for, what we can at least assume to be, 2 months and no one noticed. Also how lame for the other predators to have to chill on the ship while City Hunter goes out to play.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I believe they were originally going to have Dutch find his little hunting camp with all the trophies.

It's the Predator version of pay-per-view!

Ah, according to the Thomas Brothers the other Predators were there just to observe City Hunter before he get's inducted into their tribe. In their version of things, Predators hunt alone, and it's only after they prove their toughness by hunting the ultimate Prey that they become part of a group.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 28, 2018, 12:15:04 AMWeren't they going to originally have Dutch find the pod and have the brawl take place around it?

Yeah, in the novelisation the final battle ends at the Predator's ship, which ends up exploding after Dutch damages it.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 27, 2018, 02:45:14 AM

I guess what I am saying is...

It would made more sense for a pred ship, not a shoulder cannon, to be the basis of our own interstellar ships

IZE

IZE

i think had they made some changes to the script like....

* Dont rush the whole birth and growth of the Predalien. personally i would have made the first 15 mins of the movie have no humans whatsoever, just the Predalien stalking the 3 Predators on the scout ship back to earth. Light the ship better and have some Predator dialogue with subtitles, its something we have never seen, other then growls, we never know what they are saying to each other. Would have made for a great opening i think, then once the ship crashed boom.

* Have maybe one Predator survive, Injured of course and trying to hide out and contain the situation while calling for back up (Wolf).

* Leave only Dallas, Kelly and Eddy as main characters they could have piggy backed off the whole Predator 2 cop subplot

* OWLF should have definitely had a presence in the film again piggy back off of Predator 2.

* At least mention something about AVP maybe in the background have a reporter talking about the expedition crew still being missing or Weylands death ect.

All these plot changes are making me want to write a better draft of this movie geez lol.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: IZE on Aug 25, 2018, 04:39:22 PM
have some Predator dialogue with subtitles, its something we have never seen, other then growls, we never know what they are saying to each other. Would have made for a great opening i think, then once the ship crashed boom.

I think Predators have been humanized enough, I would not want their communication to have subtitles as it will just make it worse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed