NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 91,378 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 30, 2019, 10:39:27 PM
I'm hoping NECA revisits some of the lost tribe in ultimate format. I'd really like the Elder with the updated body.

Man...I love my Elder and Lost Tribe. But you make excellent points.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jan 25, 2019, 12:32:42 AM
Everyone's complaining that the Upgrade is $50 bucks? I feel like everyone should've expected this, especially considering that NECA stuff has always almost been $30 a figure, and that's just for a seven inch figure. So for twenty bucks more, and almost a whole foot tall, I understand the price range and am willing to pay it.

This is why I miss Toys R Us, NECA figures for 20 to 24 bucks. Paying "specialty store" prices is nuts.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 30, 2019, 11:24:43 PM
I'm hoping NECA revisits some of the lost tribe in ultimate format. I'd really like the Elder with the updated body.

Man...I love my Elder and Lost Tribe. But you make excellent points.

I think Randy had said they wouldn't be revisting those....but I guess the Predator well has to run dry some time so who knows?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Ehhh.... I'm okay with not having to re-buy literally every Predator figure I've ever bought from NECA. :P

The Old One

The Old One

Didn't they already redo Elder once?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yes. I'll acknowledge that that redo was worth it, the sculpt and paint are much better, along with the articulation. I just don't see how the rest of the Lost Tribe would benefit.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed. Aside from maybe a limited set that includes all of them.

But do they all really need the extra articulation? It's not like they do much but stand around in one scene,
and tbh, not all of 'em are the greatest-
the majority of their designs are clearly thrown together from JH & CH.
To fill up the room for a specific scene, they're not totally unique in the way the aforementioned two are.

Master

Master

I have whole set and I must say they are very unique. One of them have JH mask, but all other are different. No other group of Predators, aside maybe the three BSP, was ever so unique from one another.

The Old One

The Old One

They're genuine piecemeal from the moulds of JH & CH though.
Not that this makes them bad in any respect.
BTS Stan Winston knew what he was doing.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The only ones I'd actually want to see remade and gladly buy are Warrior and Borg. Preferably a deluxe Borg with all the additions NECA made for their battle armor version.

The Old One

The Old One

Borg I know, he is unique TBF- but which is Warrior?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think he's known better as Ram.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 31, 2019, 01:00:33 PM
Borg I know, he is unique TBF- but which is Warrior?

Have you seen armored Borg? That's something special.

It's neca's interpretation of the character "in armor." I did a custom repaint of the unmasked head to swap on this body at will. Kind of turning him into an "ultimate" version of the figure. Repainted by hand...

The Old One

The Old One

Borg ultimate's a good idea.

BTW Good depiction!

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 31, 2019, 01:40:54 PM
Borg ultimate's a good idea.

BTW Good depiction!

Thank you. My eyes were crying blood by the time I was finished repainting that head. The face is based on a 1/6th scale Borg Unmasked head. Not sure if it was custom? Just liked the skin tones. The original head was very dull in color and had errors in pattern design. So I fixed that. Made it 'pop' more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed