David Woodruff Talks Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2015, 10:33:17 PM

Author
David Woodruff Talks Alien 5 (Read 44,006 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just after the New Year, Neill Blomkamp of District 9 and Elysium fame revealed he’d been toying with his own Alien 5 project. Speaking about it recently he confirmed that there was some serious interest in creating the film. Recently Tom and David Woodruff (father and son), of Studio ADI and Generation Effects respectively, posted up their practical take on one of the concepts Neill posted:

Tom Woodruff models the make-up effects by David Woodruff, complete in Michael Beihn's original armour. Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

Tom Woodruff models the make-up effects by David Woodruff.

Anyone who recognizes the name Woodruff will know that Tom Woodruff together with Alec Gillis, their company Studio ADI has produced the creature effects for all the Alien films since Alien 3. TheTerminatorFans spoke to David about putting the test together (including some extra photos), his opinions on moving the franchise forward and the possibility of AvP3 and Neill’s Alien 5:

“I haven't heard anything about a 3rd installment, not even rumors. This Neill Blomkamp project is the first possibility I've seen or heard of of another Alien film and I'm all about it. I know the guys at Amalgamated Dynamics are pushing for something like this too. It's time.”

130215_05 Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

Make sure you check out the entire interview!

Xenomorphine

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Tom definitely looks like he's aged quite a bit from when I met him at Monstermania 2007. The years are definitely getting on him. A really cool guy and you can tell that he has a lot of enthusiasm for the franchise-- even the AvP's from what I remember of the discussions I had with him. But it's interesting to see him address the questions regarding Alien 5 and AvP 3.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 13, 2015, 10:46:07 PM
Some new quotes:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/feb/13/sigourney-weaver-keen-to-reprise-alien-role-once-more

Give me chance!

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 10:47:00 PM
But it's interesting to see him address the questions regarding Alien 5 and AvP 3.

It's his son, David, they're talking to.

Quarax

Quarax

I wonder why everyone keeps calling it original Hicks armor. It clearly says Wierzbowski on it (it's still an original from the movie, though).

razeak

razeak

Chiming in with the obligatory "i hope the xenos are more biomechanical!" post.

Hmmm....did Hicks look that damaged in Aliens?(or the smartass answer shows the hamburger face from A3 lol). I'll have to look again. It looks sweet though.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm hoping that Fox will make Alien 5 happen if Prometheus 2 is not going to happen anytime soon. I think more people will watch a new Alien sequel then another Prometheus film. Besides it been 17 and half years since the last movie. Enough time has past for a new movie.

Quarax

Quarax

Quote from: razeak on Feb 14, 2015, 04:03:56 AM
Hmmm....did Hicks look that damaged in Aliens?(or the smartass answer shows the hamburger face from A3 lol). I'll have to look again. It looks sweet though.

Doesn't look like it.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Tom and Alec appear to be lovely guys, & some if there work is tremendous. But if they're anywhere near Alien 5 I'll be so disheartened. The thought of Tom in an Alien suit again is a grim prospect. And they're work on Resurrection through to Avp2, animatronics aside, is absolutely terrible.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Feb 14, 2015, 05:32:55 AM
Tom and Alec appear to be lovely guys, & some if there work is tremendous. But if they're anywhere near Alien 5 I'll be so disheartened. The thought of Tom in an Alien suit again is a grim prospect. And they're work on Resurrection through to Avp2, animatronics aside, is absolutely terrible.

Effects wise their work on Alien resurrection and AvP was very good.  AvPR was terrible but that was mainly due to the directors having bad taste and making ADI create terrible designs.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Feb 14, 2015, 05:32:55 AM

After seeing their work for 'The Thing', all is completely forgiven. It's a real shame that so much of it was heavily replaced with relatively hurried CGI. They came up with some completely amazing stuff.

If they had a decent budget and were given clear ideas of what to do, they could probably redeem themselves completely for this fandom, IMO. So, if they had less restrictions, I actually wouldn't mind them being included for it.

In all honesty, considering the director now claiming that Fox wants his prospective project to go ahead and that Weaver is on board as at least interested, it looks like there's every chance that this could happen. After 'Elysium', I'm not at all sure he's the right guy for it and we know absolutely nothing about the story, so... I still don't know what to think. But it seems like it could well be a reality.

Gash

Gash

Why is he shooting at The Blob?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wonder what ADI would give us if the director told them he wanted a slavishly accurate re-creation of the original alien. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They would have given him a slavishly accurate re-creation if the original Alien. With better suit materials.

iiiumfiii

iiiumfiii

hey stop talking trash about our actors and talent because of their age. These people have poured hours you couldnt imagine nor persevere through to help you enjoy your favorite movie. How many times have us geeks been through a shit day and come home to a nice smoke and escape via AL(l)EN 1 or any of the AL(I)ENS/PRED/_\TOR franchise. I think being older is sexy as is being younger. Imagine being married til your 70's if you can use a pill and get it up will you still give your woman.husband some good lovin? I will and plan to lay pipe with one hand and pills in the other to keep it up. :) AL(l)VE at all cost

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed