Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 359,140 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The 6-page spread is actually just a re-cap of the behind the scenes of the series. After that is a 4 page interview with De Laurizika  of which I've only read halfway through. But it covers the Aliens transfer, some details on the A3 behind-the-scenes stuff and how Fox didn't interfere this time around and how it's very honest when it comes to how bad the production of A3 was. They also talk about finding new material for the set and something call pods, which are like the entire interviews used for the documents and random behind the scene segments. In particular there's one for Alien about Jon Finch.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Any hint of Fincher involvement?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

None. He declined. Some footage of him getting angry on set and insulting Fox during an interview though.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Should make good watching  :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay, finished it. He goes onto explain Mu-Th-Ur mode. It's where you can like select topics and interests to watch out of all the features. Weaver is not doing any commentaries. Also the menus have lots hidden in them - he comments that they tried to address the plot hole of Alien 3 with the egg in it, in the menus. I'm interested to see how that works.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I'm so glad that the Anthology didn't include Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. Those movie work worse than Alien Resurrection did. But I wonder if Fox will eventually milk it, and release a set with each and every film in both franchises.

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Alien Prequel #1, Alien Prequel #2, Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator and Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.

I'd imagine that'd be a hell of a price.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

obviously they will. Nothing special though just all the blurays in one box, I mean they wouldnt even have to make speacil discs, just use the ones from anthology.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Michael Harper on Sep 30, 2010, 08:21:23 PM
I'm so glad that the Anthology didn't include Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem. Those movie work worse than Alien Resurrection did. But I wonder if Fox will eventually milk it, and release a set with each and every film in both franchises.

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Alien Prequel #1, Alien Prequel #2, Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator and Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.

I'd imagine that'd be a hell of a price.
There is such a set, I think it's called TOTAL DESTRUCTION or something, apt, as it details the downfall of a series  :P

http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Predator-Total-Destruction-Collection/dp/B001DDBD54/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1285882652&sr=1-1

[Of course, Predators does not feature]

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Biolante on Sep 14, 2010, 06:43:23 PM
There's some noise about the geometry being f**ked up on the Alien disc.  Apparently the leaked screeshots appear to have a "stretched" apperance.  Unfortunately, the guy who took them was too much of a doofus to notice or explain why they are like that.  So we can't know for sure what the hek happened yet.

Do you mean the aspect ratios? I haven't seen the leaked pics, yet. I'm gonna be super pissed if they managed to screw something like that up for the Blu-ray release.

Quote from: DazAvP85 on Sep 14, 2010, 07:23:04 PM
There's also a bit of disappointment that Alien3 and Resurrection are sourced from the 2003 Quadrilogy masters, and not brand new scans of the film. Seems money went elsewhere on the release :-\

Wait... what?! Son of a.... where did you hear this? Last I heard, all four films were getting the upgrade treatment for Blu-ray.

SM

SM

QuoteWeaver is not doing any commentaries.

f**king rats cocks!  >:(

When this thing was originally planned they said Siggy would be doing commentaries for all four flicks.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe she wants $200 per commentary :P

SM

SM

$800 in total?  Bargain.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Granted, but if the studio tells her to beg elsewhere...

SM

SM

Weaver could demand and get a shit load more than $800 for 8 hours work.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I know. And the studio might still tell her to piss off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed