Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 359,546 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 13, 2010, 09:38:19 PM
http://www.facebook.com/aliendvd

More menu images over at the FB page.

I'm glad the films are being treated this good. 

Biolante

Biolante

There's some noise about the geometry being f**ked up on the Alien disc.  Apparently the leaked screeshots appear to have a "stretched" apperance.  Unfortunately, the guy who took them was too much of a doofus to notice or explain why they are like that.  So we can't know for sure what the hek happened yet.

Keyes

Keyes

There's also a bit of disappointment that Alien3 and Resurrection are sourced from the 2003 Quadrilogy masters, and not brand new scans of the film. Seems money went elsewhere on the release :-\

Biolante

Biolante

Quote from: DazAvP85 on Sep 14, 2010, 07:23:04 PM
There's also a bit of disappointment that Alien3 and Resurrection are sourced from the 2003 Quadrilogy masters, and not brand new scans of the film. Seems money went elsewhere on the release :-\

It sucks that the were not rescanned at a higher resolution, but at least we understand why they didn't do it.  The problem with the supposed Alien geometry problems is that only would have occurred due to an extreme f**k up that should have been corrected by someone who is not blind.  Something like that I think should require a product recall if it was actually released.  I'm hoping this isn't the case.  I don't know why they would go to these ridiculous effort of releasing this series only once a decdade to them screw it up to that ridiculous of an extent.

Subject13

Subject13

I like how they are in high quality but they are kinda boring... :/

Vulhala

Vulhala

Boring? How?

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

The ONLY boring part is the 1st half of ALIEN... that is all.

Vulhala

Vulhala

HERETIC!!!

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

I get into it the minute Kane starts puking up the milk.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's Ash that pukes milk..... :-\

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Forever Knight on Sep 15, 2010, 01:54:51 PM
Haha, this opinion is nooby.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He's right. It's very slow and it doesn't grab everyone's attention right away. First time I watched the film, I almost stopped watching because the opening took forever.

Biolante

Biolante

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 15, 2010, 08:15:32 PM
He's right. It's very slow and it doesn't grab everyone's attention right away. First time I watched the film, I almost stopped watching because the opening took forever.

Maybe yous should watch Power Rangers instead if you don't have the attention span for movies that actually play out like films with things like suspense, plot, and cinematography and not like videogames with things jumping around and exploding every second.  Just a suggestion.  Seriously, you almost turned it off becuase of the opening?  Do you have ADD?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Forever Knight on Sep 15, 2010, 01:54:51 PM
And 60% of Aliens' entire runtime.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I guess there's very few 2001 fans here ... ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed