Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27

Started by molasar, Feb 26, 2020, 03:03:46 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27 (Read 26,067 times)

molasar

Voodoo Magic

You put the STAR in molestar!  Nice find brother!  Loving that cover!

Corporal Hicks

I am so excited! We're seeing the netgun for the first time in the trailer! And what looks like an AA-12! Cannot wait for the end of March to roll around to play this Trial!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2020, 03:51:30 PM
I am so excited! We're seeing the netgun for the first time in the trailer! And what looks like an AA-12! Cannot wait for the end of March to roll around to play this Trial!

And you can free your mate from the net!!! 

I saw blood when the netgun first hits him. I wonder if there is a timer where the net cranks and your teammate dies, or if you're just temporaily or forever immobilized by the net until freed.

Also I'm curious what the Partial Nudity is about. Skinned gluteus maximus perhaps?

Corporal Hicks

P2 style netgun too, but silver rather than copper. No AvP wrist mounted version.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 26, 2020, 04:03:00 PM
I saw blood when the netgun first hits him. I wonder if there is a timer where the net cranks and your teammate dies, or if you're just temporaily or forever immobilized by the net until freed.

AvP2 used to just be trapped, with no actual damage. But I'd like to actually see it slowly damage over time.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, me too.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2020, 04:07:29 PM
P2 style netgun too, but silver rather than copper. No AvP wrist mounted version.

Yep!!!

Smart Disc. Combistick. Netgun. OWLF. I can hug these guys for all the P2 love!!

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Yes! Haven't had fun with the netgun since avp2! Wish those of us that downloaded the deluxe edition got a full week of play

Devilock

Sorry but it just looks bad to me.
Just look at that animation when he is hit with the netgun... so bad.
Might check it out later when it's been out for a while

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

A weekend seems a little too short to properly test the game, and it makes me worried the devs don't have faith in it being a success.

Hopefully there's an open beta sometime towards the end of March - early April.

Corporal Hicks

Thoughts on the blocking?

Kailem

We saw a "parry" prompt in an earlier trailer when a human player was being attacked, so I guess it makes sense there'd be some way to defend against a Predator just jumping right in your face and slashing away, so long as you're able to hit the timing (assuming that's how it's going to work).

Also, yes! New footage! Beta (essentially)! Netgun!

To be honest I wasn't really expecting a beta or trial or anything since I figured it would have been announced before now, so that's great news that we'll be playing the game in a month's time instead of two! And the netgun is a weapon I definitely wasn't holding out any hope for. I figured it might have just been too difficult to implement in the type of environments they're going for, but I'm very pleased to see its inclusion! I'm really glad they've got all the main P2 weapons in there, I definitely regard all of those as classics that deserve inclusion in any and all Predator games.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Devilock on Feb 26, 2020, 06:51:11 PM
Sorry but it just looks bad to me.
Just look at that animation when he is hit with the netgun... so bad.
Might check it out later when it's been out for a while

Animating that would be a hassle.
It either rag-dolls which creates awkward posing when hit or it cuts to what the net gun should ultimately do. Otherwise you're creating several different animations for the net capturing someone and that's time consuming because you have to account for a number of different surfaces to get stuck on and the posing.

I would prefer it had animations and the body conforming to the surfaces but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the sake of game-play since this game doesn't have too high a budget nor the entry price.

Voodoo Magic

Yep, it's all about that gameplay baby!

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 26, 2020, 07:45:50 PM
I'm really glad they've got all the main P2 weapons in there, I definitely regard all of those as classics that deserve inclusion in any and all Predator games.

Looks like they got the poster covered!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2020, 07:35:21 PM

Harrigan with the Smart Disc, Hanzo with the sword... I'm personally fine with blocking the gauntlet knives with a blade. 

SuperiorIronman

I just want the P2 shoulder cannon. Just looks really nice.

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 26, 2020, 07:58:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2020, 07:35:21 PM

Harrigan with the Smart Disc, Hanzo with the sword... I'm personally fine with blocking the gauntlet knives with a blade. 

I'm hoping it'll help with being able to occasionally goad some Predator players into a knife fight if you happen to be the last human player standing.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed