Chris P's Ultimate ALIEN Hive.

Started by Chris P, Jun 22, 2008, 01:38:12 AM

Author
Chris P's Ultimate ALIEN Hive. (Read 2,893 times)

Chris P

Chris P

This is how I made an unbeatable hive on my favorite Alien level; ALIEN-2.  If you plan on trying this, follow the instructions carefully or you won't get it at all.

Steps:

1-  As soon as the intro to the level is complete, highlight all your Aliens.
2-  "Quick-Select" or assign your Queen to a directional button. {For me, it's the "up-button"}.
3-  Immediately, take all your Aliens and move them up/right to the middle of the mini-map.
4-  Do NOT bother killing the marines along the way, as this will waste time.
5-  Once you reach the "Marine Dropship Uplink", take a left and keep moving quickely.
6-  You will come to the facility entrance doors, go through them.
7-  There are many marines and sentry guns, run past them. (they will NOT follow you).
8-  Once you get past the guns you are in the clear. (you probably have about 2 or 3 Aliens along with your Queen if you do this properlly)
9-  I take a right, down the first hallway, but it doesn't matter.  (left is safer).
10-  There ARE few marines on the way; kill them, but leave them.  (You can get them later).
11-  Follow the hallway to the VERY top.  From there, go right (for my way) or Left.
12-  Follow the top stretch until you come to an entrance. (down) Go there.
13-  For me, I take another right, until you come to the end.  There, you will see another hallway leading to the right (or left).  You can use this as a secret travell option.
14-  Now, set up your Queen to lay eggs.  There will be seldom Marines who check out the premiss.  I suggest placing facehuggers at all the nearest entrances.
15-  Here, you can expand and take over their base from within.

Once you get inside, the number of Marines is very small compared to outside.  You see, the Marines don't start to order units until about 20 seconds into the mission.  I found this to be a great way to spread the hive with less units being killed by the Marines.  Once the Marines start ordering units, there are ALOT of them, and they all patrol the outside "looking for your hive".

Be sure to have a couple drones with your Queen when you enter the base and get to a safe place.  Getting Aliens outside after this is a risky operation, and requires MANY Aliens to do so.  I have found an easier way with less risk, but that is for another time.

I tend to set up pairs of Warriors all around the premiss, as to ensure safety of the Queen.  My Hive has stood up against MANY Marine bombardments.  Although this process leaves your Hive to develope more slowly, it is worth it in the end.

Once you're inside, you are all set.  From there, you can expand and take over.  I will post pics. of my Hive later on.

*Note* you may need to retry this level a few times before you get it right.

Good luck. ;)

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

Awesome.  ;D

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Splinter Cell on Oct 18, 2008, 05:56:30 PM
Awesome.  ;D

Haha, yeah.  I thought it would be fun to post. I was bored once and I was really into Extinction so I made this guide on my favourite level of the game.  ;D

Purebreedalien

Sounds a lot like 'ALIENS' lol.

Chrysalis

Chrysalis

So, when are you going to post some pics?

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 22, 2008, 01:38:12 AM*Note* you may need to retry this level a few times before you get it right.

P.S. You could just use cheats! Easy, easy, easy!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed