Animal Spawned Xenomorphs

Started by Number13, Apr 27, 2019, 04:05:41 AM

Author
Animal Spawned Xenomorphs (Read 12,904 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 28, 2019, 03:16:22 AM
I don't think their really is anything wrong with the various Predaliens over the years, but it definitely shows that they can't get it right. Unlike the Runner, you don't really see a consistent Predalien.
To be fair the basic Alien design has changed across every movie, so by that metric they can't get that right, either.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 27, 2019, 06:11:26 PM
I'm a real big fan of the Kenner stuff, even today. Don't get me wrong, I adore the Runner and i think it gets the job done, especially since it's technically conveying the lineage of two completely different hosts. :P

That said, I agree with SuperiorIronman that the Alien should convey via quick visual shorthand what the Alien's host was. Be that dreadlocks and mandibles, horns, a snake tail, wings, I'm pretty okay with any of that.

Yeah, the action figures always looked too cartoonish to me, but the one in 'Alien 3' didn't look different enough, IMO. Should certainly have had larger/more powerful jaws, at least and the lack of dorsal tubes didn't make biological sense. Although, in fairness, I don't remember how far along they were in the design when they decided to go with that alternative canine host element.

QuoteI never got that impression from the toys' mini-comics re: genetic manipulation. Even the little intro with each mini-comic says the Space Marines are going from planet to planet, encountering ever more dangerous Alien evolutions as they go - that implies that the Aliens' forms are occurring naturally, rather than the result of an outside artificial force.

Hmm, I might be misremembering the Denis Beauvais cards with the flying Queen. Not sure. It was a long time ago!

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 27, 2019, 06:54:38 PM

Retract the dreadlocks and Dave Dorman's the best Official design.

Can't say I agree with that, if only because it never made sense why Dorman made the upper jaws so tiny in comparison tot he lower. They should be more equal.

Shaun Noelte's isn't 100% ideal (I'd do away with the hair-like protrusions and make the chin less pronounced, but it's suitably ferocious), but it's probably come the closest to how used to imagine a Predalien appearing. Especially with the jaws looking like a properly cohesive configuration, as opposed to seeming like they were jsut glued on teh sides of he head, as the film version had.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/shaun-noelte/

I liked the 2010 game version, too, though felt the floppy dreadlocks looked out of place and made it look like a cartoon girl in a few unfortunate pictures.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 28, 2019, 12:04:07 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 27, 2019, 06:11:26 PM
I'm a real big fan of the Kenner stuff, even today. Don't get me wrong, I adore the Runner and i think it gets the job done, especially since it's technically conveying the lineage of two completely different hosts. :P

That said, I agree with SuperiorIronman that the Alien should convey via quick visual shorthand what the Alien's host was. Be that dreadlocks and mandibles, horns, a snake tail, wings, I'm pretty okay with any of that.

Yeah, the action figures always looked too cartoonish to me, but the one in 'Alien 3' didn't look different enough, IMO. Should certainly have had larger/more powerful jaws, at least and the lack of dorsal tubes didn't make biological sense. Although, in fairness, I don't remember how far along they were in the design when they decided to go with that alternative canine host element.
The adult alien's design was not altered at all when they switched the host from an ox to a dog - all of the adult Alien footage had been shot at that point, and re-tinkering with the design would have meant, well, re-shooting everything. :P

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 28, 2019, 12:04:07 PM
QuoteI never got that impression from the toys' mini-comics re: genetic manipulation. Even the little intro with each mini-comic says the Space Marines are going from planet to planet, encountering ever more dangerous Alien evolutions as they go - that implies that the Aliens' forms are occurring naturally, rather than the result of an outside artificial force.

Hmm, I might be misremembering the Denis Beauvais cards with the flying Queen. Not sure. It was a long time ago!
Oh, I was referring to the comics that specifically came with the Kenner toys, not the Beauvais "Operation: Aliens" trading card set. I've seen a lot of people assume that the two are related, but I'm not sure they were as related as people think.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 28, 2019, 02:02:13 PM
Oh, I was referring to the comics that specifically came with the Kenner toys, not the Beauvais "Operation: Aliens" trading card set. I've seen a lot of people assume that the two are related, but I'm not sure they were as related as people think.
I believe Hicks did an article not long ago about how the two are unrelated.

Corporal Hicks

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Too much skull ... and boobs  :D

Huggs

Huggs

I like it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Why it got the tiddy tho?

Huggs

Huggs

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Aliens are kinda known for their skeletal, fleshless torsos?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 08, 2019, 02:28:41 AM
Aliens are kinda known for their skeletal, fleshless torsos?

That's no alien.

It's a merm-alien baby.

Xenomrph

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 08, 2019, 02:24:34 AM
Why it got the tiddy tho?

It's Slaaneshi.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Don't cross the streams.

markweatherill

markweatherill

Eric Red's unused 'Alien World' script springs to mind!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed