The Art and Making of The Predator

Started by felix, Dec 18, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Author
The Art and Making of The Predator (Read 35,171 times)

Wweyland

That is a true pussyface.

KiramidHead

Yeah, it looks fine now that we have a better image to go off of.

ace3g

ace3g

*Added img tags. Hicks.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Despite everything iv said , I have to agree , the predator looks pretty good tbh :)

skull-splitter

Will buy the book, but damn sceptical about the story and how it will tackle the originals...

Corporal Hicks

Just got a notification from Amazon.co.uk that this has been pushed back to October 2nd.

skull-splitter

Shit.

Corporal Hicks

I got the same notification for the Official Collector's thing but it seems to be out in the States. Maybe it's just a UK thing.

skull-splitter

Last I checked it should be out around the 25th world wide. The Dutch Bol.com said it would be delivered between 14-18th of september, but the product pages is on a steady 25th.

No rush though.

Xenomrph

My copy will be arriving tomorrow.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: felix on Sep 24, 2018, 12:39:08 PM
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/tear-into-our-sneak-peek-at-titan-books-the-predator-the-art-and-making-of-the-film
Half the thumbnails result in errors in the images. But the book should be here soon.

Site said 25th this morning, switched to the first of october here too.

Xenomrph

I got the book today and it's pretty neat. You can kind of gauge where in production the book was written based on what it includes, and it actually seems to cover most of the movie as we ended up seeing it on-screen. I haven't gone page by page through it, but one notable omission is
Spoiler
the Predator Killer nano-suit
[close]
but I'm not surprised by that. From my brief glance through it, it looks like all the character deaths featured are the same.

The concept art is neat, and there's some annotations regarding why certain design choices were made. There are a bunch of really high quality close-up photos of the Fugitive Predator's gear, a deck plan of his ship, CGI models for the Preda-dogs, all kinds of stuff.

I'm a sucker for movie concept art books as a way to get a glimpse at the evolving design process; generally the movie doesn't even have to be that good as long as it's visually interesting. I've got the art books for AvP and Terminator Salvation, and they're both full of really neat stuff.

The Old One

The Old One

You thought the film was visually interesting?

I can't say I empathise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed