Alien: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

Author
Alien: Life and Death (Read 26,880 times)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 21, 2016, 11:15:53 PM
I read everything from Predator: Life and Death #4 onward while I was doing laundry today. The story defInitely reads better as a continuous whole, so I'm really looking forward to the collected edition. I can really appreciate how it's following on from Fire and Stone while also being its own story about Paget and company.

True, I got my hands on the entire Fire and Stone collection finally and am glad I got it when it's all done. I understand why people got annoyed that so little happens and you gotta wait until next month. But to have it all at once, it reads as a fun story.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: SM on Oct 21, 2016, 04:37:10 AM
Derrick Russell got sick, but he may have already had a tumour and accelerant accelerated it, like it did with Francis' cancer.  The others from the Onager didn't live long enough to tell either way.  And they also commented that some flora look tainted and some didn't.

That's a very good point. I'd love to read a series that follows a situation similar to Aliens F&S, a wilderness survival story with Aliens and xenomorphic fauna/flora.

Just finished reading #2 and I'm fine with it. It's a good counter balance to last month's action and the artwork does seem to have improved a little, though Ahab seems to have upper mandibles that phase in and out of existance.  :-X

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 20, 2016, 03:38:52 PM
Exactly, it's like they're just there. It would have been great to talk about why the Engineers are there how and why things are mutating, explore the tombs more...instead it's just Galgo screaming his off for 25 issues now and Bam! Boom! Bing! Bling! Kaboom! Pow! Pow! & Bang!

Galgo only appeared in Prometheus L&D and most of the time he's been standing around doing nothing or acting as Ahab's damsel in distress. :P
Fire and Stone goes into quite a bit of detail as to why everything is mutating and this is a sequel to that, though I would like for them to explore the Engineer facilities more... I don't think we'll get anything like that until after Covenant is out. :(

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 21, 2016, 11:15:53 PM
I read everything from Predator: Life and Death #4 onward while I was doing laundry today. The story defInitely reads better as a continuous whole, so I'm really looking forward to the collected edition. I can really appreciate how it's following on from Fire and Stone while also being its own story about Paget and company.

Yeah, I have to admit that I really would like it if they'd rather just name it something like AvP and have it as a continuous series with Fire and Stone/Life and Death simply being story arcs. I've said it before but the naming is really slipping people up for some reason.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

My biggest problem with the depiction of Ahab is that one panel where he clearly has both eyes.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Dark Horse has a preview of #3. Beware of spoilers!
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-805/Aliens-Life-and-Death-3

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Those Aliens.  :-\ I just can't get into that style.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I kind of like
Spoiler
how the queen seems to have spider legs. It'll be interesting to see more.
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

Thanks Ultra. This art looks so 90's. Colors are ok. I don't think an Alien should have a full mouth-jaw that opens so wide but that's just me. Depending on the AVP art & how Aliens L&D 3-4 finishes, I'll probably sit that one out and just wait for the TPB once it comes out. And it has to hit the 10 buck bin. Can't wait for more of Defiance & Dead Orbit afterwards.

The Comic Collector J

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
Those Aliens.  :-\ I just can't get into that style.

I feel the same. They lack depth and detail, they also don't look interesting, scary or even alive for that matter.

426Buddy

426Buddy

At least the art will be better in the AvP arc.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

How the hell is the Alien Tongue that long? lol

Kurai

Kurai

Moritat's work in the current Hellblazer comic is pretty good, I'd check that out to gain a little more faith in him. But yeah, his Aliens are far too... Cartoony? Simple? I dunno.However, his people look good.

Spoiler
I'm liking that there seems to be some sort of intelligence behind the Queen.
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Kurai on Nov 04, 2016, 03:29:45 PM
Moritat's work in the current Hellblazer comic is pretty good, I'd check that out to gain a little more faith in him. But yeah, his Aliens are far too... Cartoony? Simple? I dunno.However, his people look good.

Spoiler
I'm liking that there seems to be some sort of intelligence behind the Queen.
[close]

I'm sure his art is great in other books, but some or most of these Alien drawings are abysmal.

Glaive

Glaive

,,,oooh...this looks original...

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Rock Shock Pop has a positive review of #3. Beware of spoilers.
http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?6370-Aliens-Life-And-Death-3
Spoiler
Good to see that they are going the "black goo is destroying the hive" route.
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

You forgot this spoiler too lol.

Spoiler
Braaaat braaaaaaap pow pow boooom
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed