Alien: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

Author
Alien: Life and Death (Read 27,087 times)

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Because I'm an Aliens fan & I try to give it the benefit of the doubt to get better. That too much to ask for? I stuck through Prometheus & Predator of this story, why quit now? When did I ever say the action was too quick? Didn't come from me. My main complaint with it was the art. Was that so bad to say? But whatever I'll stop posting here then.

SM

SM

No need to get so precious.

This post seemed to indicate the action of the first issue was too quick.  Or perhaps I'm misreading.

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 22, 2016, 04:14:48 AM
Just finished reading #1 digital as well. Was a pretty fast read. Was done in a matter of minutes. Was Meh for me as the rest of this Life & Death series has been.

Spoiler
I may sound cold here a little but man did Jill just annoy me greatly when she started freaking out over Chris being taken. I wanted to slap her in the face & yell at her to come to her senses & get with it or I at least was hoping someone in the group would but no. We all know what fate Chris is going to have haha. I agree with Ultramorph as well. Some panels look decent & others I don't dig at all. The Aliens themselves I don't like the art of at all but some of the humans were alright looking at times.
[close]

No one is trying to stop you posting, but you clearly don't like the series and have had next to nothing positive to say about Predator or Prometheus, and there still seven issues to go.  It's a bit of a commitment and investment for something you dislike, that's all.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yes that was misread. I didn't mean the action was too quick. Just the issue itself was a super fast read compared to others is all. But yes I get your point. Done talking about it.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I read the first issue in 7 mins I think maybe 5. And the art is deadly. Deadly as in horrible. Just my opinion. Hopefully the story turns out ok. Hopefully.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think the art in issue 2 looks much better, and I didn't mind it too much in the first issue. Either way it's a step up from the art in prometheus imo. Also personally i'm digging the story overall, especially after re-reading the whole series up to this point. My biggest gripe is that we're not getting any answers about the engineers and what they are doing on LV-223 or what is actually happening to the indigenous plants, animals, and aliens and why they are all deformed. Thats kinda what I was hoping for with this series.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 20, 2016, 12:58:21 PM
My biggest gripe is that we're not getting any answers about the engineers and what they are doing on LV-223 or what is actually happening to the indigenous plants, animals, and aliens and why they are all deformed. Thats kinda what I was hoping for with this series.

Exactly, it's like they're just there. It would have been great to talk about why the Engineers are there how and why things are mutating, explore the tombs more...instead it's just Galgo screaming his off for 25 issues now and Bam! Boom! Bing! Bling! Kaboom! Pow! Pow! & Bang!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I do wish we got more about the state of the jungle and the creatures. It seems like the ecosystem has declined since Fire and Stone, but it hasn't been touched on too much. I was hoping for Labyrinth-type stuff with the xenos trying to farm healthy hosts, but I don't think that's what we'll get.

Prez

Prez

Probably the most exposition heavy issue in the whole series so far. Oddly enough I enjoyed this one more than the previous issue which I did find rather boring (odd once again given the all out action compared to this issue).

Must admit I'm curious where they go with Jill and Chris' situation.

I felt the artwork (linework) is good but let down by the over bright, high contrast and saturated colouring. Aliens' colouring should be a more toned down palette IMO.

SM

SM

Quotewhy things are mutating

Ref: Prometheus film, Fire & Stone comics.

Kurai

Kurai

Also, shouldn't Galgo et all be suffering from brain damage by now? Or have they been subsisting solely on supplies scavenged from the various wrecks? Even after taking precautions such as that, ou'd imagine it would be hard not to be taking in large amounts of mutagens in water and the air. Even if pure Black Goo isn't in contact with the water, it would probably wind up in trace amounts through decomposing BG Monsters.
I'm probably taking it too seriously. :P

Haven't picked up issue 2 yet, hopefully soon.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Good points. There are also bugs on that world right? Look how well bugs spread diseases over here, it'd be a nightmare to handle on LV-223 if some Goo-Bug comes to bite you.

And what about micro-organisms? Some Goo-Amoeba or Goo-Germ could be serious problems for our heroes. It's scary enough to see how quickly germs evolve in real life, imagine an accelerant infected bacterium, it'd probably evolve every minute so any anti-biotics or other precautions wouldn't be too secure.

Also weren't Galgo and Angela hunting one of the creatures for food?

Maybe the Accelerant is just really unpredictable and it's impossible to predict what the outcome will be.

I think I'm thinking too much into this as well.

SM

SM

Derrick Russell got sick, but he may have already had a tumour and accelerant accelerated it, like it did with Francis' cancer.  The others from the Onager didn't live long enough to tell either way.  And they also commented that some flora look tainted and some didn't.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

More than likely there was a good amount of supplies on the Helios when Elden crashed it back on LV-223 in Omega. Before that, they seemed about to starve. Angela mentioned in one of the Prometheus: L&D issues that they have a filtration system rigged for cleaning the water.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

So far A:L&D has been a huge let-down - in fact, the entire series of L&D has been kind of a let-down. I'm not a big gun-play action scenes fan, but so far the jungle parts of P:L&D are the only part of this series that I've appreciated so far.

The art, especially the Alien designs, in this series and especially in the Aliens episodes have ALL been awful. Such a turn off.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I read everything from Predator: Life and Death #4 onward while I was doing laundry today. The story defInitely reads better as a continuous whole, so I'm really looking forward to the collected edition. I can really appreciate how it's following on from Fire and Stone while also being its own story about Paget and company.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed